Honored Contributor

All I want are slipcovers that are slightly off white...how hard can it be, you ask?

Freaking NIGHTMARE is the answer.

Off white, natural, and parchment range from yellowish cream to tan to a dingy grey. Of course, I'm ordering from anywhere other than Pottery Barn because they want almost $200 for a slipcover for a chair. A CHAIR. And yet, the offer the correct shades. 

Why, just why can't the cheaper lines ($49 to $100) offer an off-white that is white but a tinge warmer?

*sigh* 

Honored Contributor

Re: All I want are slipcovers that are slightly off white...how hard can it be, you ask?

@SahmIam@I know the feeling.We have access to anything these days and reams to choose from so you’d think a basic cream color should be simple to find....

Honored Contributor

Re: All I want are slipcovers that are slightly off white...how hard can it be, you ask?

[ Edited ]

I'm not sure of exactly what you are looking for as far as fabric but I found slipcovers here made by Gaico. They come in chair, sofa, love and recliner sizes. They have IVORY. I bought mine AS-IS in the blue. I absolutely love them. They fool everyone that sees them. People think I had my furniture reupholstered. I love the stretchy texture of them and they stay in place perfectly...no gaps, sagging or puckering. The AS-IS price for these is fantastic. They are customer top-rated. @SahmIam

Check out item H216893. It's the chair cover in ivory.

Respected Contributor

That ivory looks light grey?  Nice deal if it would work though.

Respected Contributor

@SahmIam  Right off, Pottery Barn is all I can suggest. Their covers are divine but you are right....they are expensive. 

Hope you find what you are looking for......don't give up. Smiley Tongue

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee  WHOA NELLY! THANK YOU! 

This is why you need to watch the video. I saw those and as someone said, it looks grey. To me, at first glance, it looked like silver fish scales and I was "uh, no".

Watched the video and yep, it's ivory/off white and yep, it's machine wash and yep, shoes and kids and food are on it and yep, GREAT price.

Question SilleeMee: is there a difference between the 2 styles Cafe and Roma? The measurements look the same but there pictures show different sofa designs. Will this affect the fit (mine are all straight back, rolled arms and leather just like in the video).

TIA SO MUCH!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Regal Bee  When the time comes to order new sofas and chairs, I'm ordering from Pottery Barn and doing custom slipcovers in ivory (the PERFECT shade as per their swatches). Zip on and zip off for cleaning and I can order new ones forever more. For now, these OLD leather sofas are just going have to work until that day comes. Currently I have cotton twill tie on slipcovers and they've finally worn out. The leather is old and fixed with duct tape, lol. Still, they work so....there ya go. : )

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam,

I can't see any differences between the Caffe and the Roma. They look the same to me.

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam have you checked out SureFit?  I can't imagine they wouldn't have something in a cream or off white shade.  

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1  First place I looked. Their Natural is actually a dark yellowish cream. Parchment is the shade I would love but it doesn't come in all their styles; I need sofa, loveseat and chair. Why they don't do all the shades in matching pieces, I don't know but they don't. I would have ordered their product if Parchment was available.

BTW, Bed Bath and Beyond carries some of their line; the swatches were a big surprise.