Respected Contributor

Re: Aldi selling frameless candles

@Carmie I too have the COSTCO set and love them.

Respected Contributor

@kitty60 wrote:

The flyer I picked up for next week has a 4 piece flameless LED set wi/remote for $9.99.  I will try to check out next week but my store never seems to stock the items I am interested in.

@kitty60 are they on timers as well?

Valued Contributor

It only says with remote. 

Respected Contributor

That's a good point it doesn't say anything about timers. If they aren't on a timer they are a PASS no matter how cheap they are. Will report back. They won't appear in my Aldi until Sunday.

Honored Contributor

Traditionally and in general, the cheaper the flameless candle, the less real it looks overall (quality of wax, flicker pattern looking more realistic etc), the lower the battery life, and the shorter the life expectancy.

I think the tides could be changing though as the technology is advancing and becoming less expensive, and the candles looking more realistic with longer battery life. 

Going forward, Luminara is going to have to kick it up a couple of notches if they intend to keep the price point so high, as several other brands are right on their heels with similar (and in some aspects, better) products.  

Respected Contributor

@Reever I agree, the timers are a must for me.

Respected Contributor

No frames? Forget it.

Valued Contributor

I looked at the ad for these candles and read the description and yes, they have a 4 hour timer.

@Reever wrote:

That's a good point it doesn't say anything about timers. If they aren't on a timer they are a PASS no matter how cheap they are. Will report back. They won't appear in my Aldi until Sunday.