Super Contributor

We need to get an air mattress for our 8 year old granddaughter when she comes for the night occasionally. I looked at Walmart and found a twin (Simmons) that had good reviews. I think it was $55 with free shipping. It also comes with a pump. Anyone have any experience with air mattresses? I want it to be comfortable for her and big enough for her to grow into. All I have room for is a twin but it looks big enough.

Regular Contributor
I have an Aero bed, full size I purchased several years ago from the Q. I use it when my daughter and her family visit and when I go visit her & others overnight when I know the guest room will be needed for others. I simply plug it in the wall and it fills with air, also has a auto deflate feature. I've been very satisfied with the performance of mine, never any leaks etc.
Honored Contributor

I got some at Target or Kmart last year, they didn't cost that much but did come with the pump which def worth it. Try there you may save some money. I got cheaper ones but had to blow them up myself which is sort of a pain

Respected Contributor

I have had an Aero bed and a Frontgate bed for years. Both have electric pumps that inflate and deflate. I like the Frontgate bed better because it is on a frame so it is more comfortable for adults.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a twin and a queen AeroBed from the Q.....they are higher off the ground...like a real bed would be...so much more comfortable...plug them in...they inflate on there own and they deflate on their own...had them for years..kids love them...

Super Contributor

I bought a air mattress from Wal-Mart queen size last Nov called InTex on Thanksgiving day there special paid $25 I love it no problems.

I have a 12 year old poodle that has a bad disc and our vet said she could not be jumping up on to our King Serta that is 18 inches high with the mattress topper and she was not happy being locked in her kennel at night so I bought a air mattress and we sleep on the floor in the living room. I think it is very comfortable.

Honored Contributor

I use an areobed when my family comes to visit. It's a queen and is the tall version. It makes it easier to get up from. I've had no complaints.

My mother has a couple for my sister's kids, who are 12 and 15. She also has queen. I think they were from target.

The only consideration is the ease of the pump. My mother has trouble with moving her fingers and she can't blow up the ones she has. She can do my areobed though.

Honored Contributor
Make sure the pump is electric and not battery operated. I picked one up from Walmart and got it home only to discover it took a bunch of expensive ""D"" batteries.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment