Honored Contributor

Re: Air Fresheners & Scented Candles

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

I keep Lysol wipes in the house and use those to sanitize without bothering my asthma. Lysol spray though is another matter, and an instant asthma trigger.  When the Lysol hits the air and I inhale it, I'm done for. I think the propellant chemicals are especially bad for me.  We had a lady at work who would come in the bathroom door spraying Lysol and continue to spray the entire time she was in there. I was in one of the stalls one day when she came in spraying her Lysol can and had to quickly hurry out of the bathroom. I was outside the bathroom in the hall with my inhaler having an asthma attack when my manager came by and asked what happened. Not sure what she did to address the problem but the woman quit bringing her Lysol can to the bathroom with her. 

@Maltichonmom17  Lysol is very powerful smelling. They have several different scents or so out now but I still find it ultra strong. It sort of sounds like your co-worker was afraid of germs maybe? I like spraying Lysol in my home if someone around me is sick and I don't want their germs, but fortunately that doesn't happen very often. Then when I do spray it I have to put something over my face and exit the room for a while.

Honored Contributor

Re: Air Fresheners & Scented Candles

I use Bath and Body works wall flowers with their scents in my bathrooms and NEVER, EVER any candles at all. You can buy them on sale after Xmas so thats when I stock up. the scents last a month or so . right now I have Sweet Pea in the downstairs powder room. I have a cat so don't use any spray air fresheners--not good for her.