Trusted Contributor

Re: Advice needed for Sunroom Floor

We live out in the country and our home is fairly new. Our sunroom is used year round. We had slate floors put in which gives it a gorgeous, rustic look. We had under floor heating put in and it keeps that room cozy when it's cold outside. We also have a round rug on top to add extra coziness to the furniture area. 

Super Contributor

@Teddie wrote:

We live out in the country and our home is fairly new. Our sunroom is used year round. We had slate floors put in which gives it a gorgeous, rustic look. We had under floor heating put in and it keeps that room cozy when it's cold outside. We also have a round rug on top to add extra coziness to the furniture area. 

Teddie, may I ask the brand and color slate u chose please?  I will have air and heat in my sunroom, in addition to the fireplace.

Super Contributor

Just want to thank everyone for your advice!  I definitely have eliminated the hardwood option.  Sending all of u a hug for taking the time to respond!  Will post back when I make my final selection.

Trusted Contributor

@Loveac wrote:

@Teddie wrote:

Teddie, may I ask the brand and color slate u chose please?  I will have air and heat in my sunroom, in addition to the fireplace.

@Loveac  I would be very happy to answer your questions. I don't know the brand name and I need to do a little research. I have family coming for the weekend but I promise I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Your sunroom is going to be so beautiful. 🙂

Trusted Contributor

@Loveac I wasn't able to find the brand name but I found a picture of what comes close to what we have.  A picture isn't the same as seeing it in person. Ours are in rectangular shapes and each tile is different. We have warm, golden walls and the coppery, golden colors come out in the tiles but also variations of grays but there are many choices to choose from. As I said before, we have under floor heat which makes it so cozy. 

Whatever you do, you are going to love that room! Best of luck to you!

IMG_0643.JPG

Super Contributor

@Teddie wrote:

@Loveac I wasn't able to find the brand name but I found a picture of what comes close to what we have.  A picture isn't the same as seeing it in person. Ours are in rectangular shapes and each tile is different. We have warm, golden walls and the coppery, golden colors come out in the tiles but also variations of grays but there are many choices to choose from. As I said before, we have under floor heat which makes it so cozy. 

Whatever you do, you are going to love that room! Best of luck to you!

IMG_0643.JPG

@Teddie That slate has beautiful colors!  That u so very much for posting!  So now I'm deciding between the slate or travertine.  Many thanks to u and all who gave their recommendations. 

Honored Contributor

@Loveac,   Any dark color floors show every bit of dust.  Maybe tiles in the sunroom.  There are so many great designs ( I like a pattern in the same color of the tile)  You can always put down a 5x8 area rug too.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@Loveac  You are very welcome!  I realize what we have is more of a rustic look, which fits in with our setting. The other floors near our sunroom are distressed hickory hardwoods. Depending on the look of your home, you may prefer the smoother look of travertine.

It’s fun to put together and design your home the way you want. We totally designed our entire home. We did some unique things that you wouldn’t find in a typical home. We have large windows all the way our home. Our main floor sits up high so no one could walk around and look in our windows. We have beautiful views everywhere we look. I’m so grateful God has allowed us to live here. 

I wish you the very best. : )