Esteemed Contributor

Re: Advice for keeping snakes out of house

@bosmamaa  I just tell them that I gave at the office.

Lame, but just couldn't resist. Smiley Embarassed

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

I HATE SNAKES!!!!!!!!!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

well fourpaws 56 how did you react when you saw the snake in your livingroom. my wife seen a mouse in the bathroom wen she opened shower door and and she screemed bloody murder. had it been a snake all of ri would have hurd her.

Contributor

get two or three guinea fowl for your yard. they are nortorious snake killers. they will hunt them down and kill every one.

Honored Contributor

@horsecrazylady,

I totally agree that guineas will take care of any snake issue, but OMG, these little screechers will drive you crazy!   Guineas are very LOUD; they don't just wander around your property and feed quietly like a chicken---they can be aggressive, and you'd be surprised at what intruders they will run out of your yard.   

Many years ago, a family who lived about a mile down the road in a rental house, moved away and left their guineas behind.   We were awakened one morning at daylight by their clacking and wondered WTH was going on outside!  For a solid week, those 5 guineas decided this was their new home.  They ate bugs, fertilized our yard, tormented our dog, and clacked constantly from daylight to dusk.   At dusk, they quietly roosted in the trees behind our house.   They eventually moved on up the road to torment other neighbors, but the flock got smaller and smaller, as they fell pray to the many weasels and foxes around us.   

Personally, I would rather just kill snakes than to deal with guineas.