Regular Contributor

Advice Please on Cleaning Floor

Hello.  Can you tell me what to clean our kitchen and bathroom floors that are unfortunately linoleum?  I want to clean them with natural products nothing full of chemicals. Im  sensitive to chemicals dues to allergies and asthma and try to use non toxic cleaners. Not sure what to use to clean the floors. Thank you in advance Smiley Happy

If we all had the same opinion or everyone was the same. the world would be a very boring place!
Respected Contributor

Re: Advice Please on Cleaning Floor

I use a Shark steam mop that only uses water. 

Honored Contributor

White vinegar in hot water.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Valued Contributor

My go to cleaner is a little Seventh Generation dish soap in a bucket of hot water. If I feel like extra disenfectant, I'll add a few drops of tea tree oil.   I used to use vinegar  to wash the floor but years a go a floor guy said it was too acidic.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HouseMouseI use a steam cleaner on mine.  I have a Wagner which has a stainless steel tank.  If a steamer doesn't, the water won't be as hot and germ killing, etc.

Honored Contributor

A floor steam cleaner is what I use on my linoleum...no chemicals needed.

Regular Contributor

I agree with what others have said. A steam mop of any brand will work wonderfully with just water.

I personally have a Shark Sonic Duo and it works beautifully on the linoleum that was in our previous kitchen. We now have hardwood (which I can’t stand) but it still works with the different pads that come with it. Also works great on carpet stains as well.

I wouldn’t be without mine.

Esteemed Contributor

I use my Hann stean mop on my floors. I have a ton of allergies, etc. and even the smell of vinegar bothers me. The floor steamer does a great job.    

Honored Contributor

I use Caldrea cleaning products.  They DO NOT use chemcials, rather essential oils.  It's safe for my cat on the kitchen floor where her water & food bowls are located.  It costs a little more, but worth it to me.  I am on their email list and they offer free shipping at least once a year maybe twice but I can't remember.  If you are interested you can go to their website and find out where their products are sold in your area.  Also, Target carries another brand (can't remember the name) that is natural, I believe.    HeartCat Very Happy 

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I too will vote for the steam mop and vinegar and water.  I love my steam mop.  It gets into all the texture on my linoleum.  You don't have to scrub, just let the steam do the work.