Trusted Contributor

Re: AUSTRALIAN COUNTRY HOUSE

A little too busy for me but definitely warm and cozy.  I've been in homes like this on a few occassions and felt very comfortable.  I just don't think I could have that much stuff everywhere in my own home.  

Honored Contributor

I could totally see your idea of a horse or two outside, @on the bay!  Great setting for that.

Honored Contributor

This is very appealing to me. I love the colors and the bright welcoming feel of the entire house.

I would remove some of the ottomans as they look out of place to me.

I am not a fan of dishes hanging on walls so that would have to go and maybe replace some of the print fabric drapes with something less busy...but that's all that I could find that didn't suite my taste.

Honored Contributor

I find the home charming and welcoming.

I hope it's nowhere near the fire danger that I understand hit worst in New South Wales.  

That kitchen is so cool!  I can see folks sitting together having deep conversations over a cup of tea, all the while being comforted by the surroundings and only the owner and the designer understanding why it radiates such comfort.

The dining room's green, ivy, and white dinnerware is so versatile and perfect for highlighting the food being served.  

Finally, if you love your "stuff," then it is not a bother to maintain it; it's an act of love and appreciation.  I'm mystified why people keep nattering on about clutter.  What clutter?  It looks like everything you'd need to live life: plenty of places to sit, things to keep your interest while seated,lots of books, an inspired combination of artwork, and lots of room to move around. 

There's even a spot for the sweet dog in a place of honor.   

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

What a lovely home. Looks so comfy and cozy. It has character and charm.

Esteemed Contributor

I'd tolerate the long flight over to stay for a week

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Somehow I missed this one. What a beautifully furnished and accessorized home. Some beautiful patterns, fabrics and prints too. There are things I'd change, of course, including such dark walls in some rooms, but there's much I'd keep and welcome into my own home.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

Thought I'd be the only one feeling the same as you.

Also, too many heavy drapes esp. in the master bath.

All I thought was who wants to dust all this?

I will say the yard looks lovely.

Esteemed Contributor

What a wonderfully charming and welcoming home! I would not want to have to keep all of the pieces dusted and clean, but I'm sure he has some help doing that! I think I could spend a few days just taking the time to look at the many collections he has!

Respected Contributor

The home itself is nice enough, the brick floor, the paint and moldings, and some of the furniture pieces, tub, etc...but I really dislike the window treatments.  So dated looking and heavy.  I'm also not liking those portraits all over the place.  Having all those faces frozen in time staring at you from every room in the house.  No thanks.  Didn't see enough of the kitchen, but could the pads on those chairs be any thinner?  No, I'm not really thrilled with this place.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing