Valued Contributor

I see from the Pottery Barn post that you received your set of MG trees from Amazon and were pleased with them. I was the one who posted about getting them at Sam's club and I was just wondering the other day if you had ordered/received them and what you thought of them. I am always a little hesitant to recommend something that I like for fear that someone else will hate it. Ha! Glad to see that you are happy with them! I can't wait to get them out at the hollidays and enjoy them all winter!

Honored Contributor

Re: ATTN: Susan Louise & Lucymo

[ Edited ]

@country gal wrote:

I see from the Pottery Barn post that you received your set of MG trees from Amazon and were pleased with them. I was the one who posted about getting them at Sam's club and I was just wondering the other day if you had ordered/received them and what you thought of them. I am always a little hesitant to recommend something that I like for fear that someone else will hate it. Ha! Glad to see that you are happy with them! I can't wait to get them out at the hollidays and enjoy them all winter!

@country gal  I give them 25 gold stars! The trees are heavy thick glass. The best part is they have a remote, so if you have the trees close enough together, they will turn on and off all at once. If you separate them around a room, you just need to shut them on/off individually...which to me is better than a timer feature since if you want to have them lit longer you can and it's not a pain to turn them all off.

Lastly, if the lights ever don't work anymore, they still look AWESOME unlit...very vintage looking! I HIGHLY recommend to anyone! I am also half tempted to get a 2nd set Smiley Very Happy

Valued Contributor

I DID get the second set! After bringing home the first set and putting them on my mantle, I knew I "needed" another set to go on my dining room hutch and kinda spred around my kitchen. I figured Sam's wouldn't have them this year again, so I went right back the next week and picked up another. One of my favorite purchases in along time...those and the Walmart holiday plates! 

Honored Contributor

@country gal wrote:

I DID get the second set! After bringing home the first set and putting them on my mantle, I knew I "needed" another set to go on my dining room hutch and kinda spred around my kitchen. I figured Sam's wouldn't have them this year again, so I went right back the next week and picked up another. One of my favorite purchases in along time...those and the Walmart holiday plates! 

@country gal  I was gobsmacked at how stunning they are...

I appreciate you posting about them a month or 2 ago, otherwise I wouldn't have even known about them! Such a GREAT addition to our decor Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@country gal  Hi, I  love my set of MG trees from Amazon.  They are the heaviest MG items that I have and nice sizes to decorate with in a lot of ways, together or separated.  I appreciate you giving us all the info on them.  Don't be afraid to pass on info on any item that you love even if everyone isn't going to love it, some of us will.  I've learned of products on here that I would have missed out on. 

OBTW, the large tree in my set arrived broken and I contacted the seller, sent a picture of the broken tree and a replacement  was here within days.  Very good honest seller.  Thank you again.

Valued Contributor

You're both very welcome, glad I could enable you. 

Honored Contributor

@country gal

I hope you won't find this to personal but after reading your reviews I'm wondering what are MG trees?

I'm looking for gift ideas for Christmas for my niece who has just moved into a new condo and first year decorating for the holidays. She loves Mercury glass which she selected from Pottery Barn on her bridal registry. 

Thank you!

Valued Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@country gal

I hope you won't find this to personal but after reading your reviews I'm wondering what are MG trees?

I'm looking for gift ideas for Christmas for my niece who has just moved into a new condo and first year decorating for the holidays. She loves Mercury glass which she selected from Pottery Barn on her bridal registry. 

Thank you!

These were a set of 4 MG trees that I purchased last year before Christmas at Sam's Club for $39.95. When several of the ladies here were talking about a pair of Dennis Basso Mercury Glass trees (H202844) for approx. $55.00, I thought how similar they looked to my SC trees so I shared this here in case someone else would be interested. But by then, the Sam's trees were sold out online and in the stores. They were able to find them on Amazon and purchased them there for a higher price, but both ladies were very pleased with them. You could google them to see if they are still available at Amazon,as this was several months ago. These also look similar to the PB trees I have seen on their site for a higher price. HTHmmm0080578032821_C.jpg

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@country gal

Thank you!

MG is short for mercury glass.

Honored Contributor

Thank you Mousiegirl!!! Duh never thought of that!!!