Respected Contributor

Love the house...except for the DR.seems dreary and depressing when the rest of the rooms are so warm and light.I love the soft blues that aren't overdone...hence the impact it has. 

Super Contributor
Really like the entry with the barrel ceiling, the single sconce with the two sky blue lampshades, the chairs, and the little dresser table.  The dark woods and metals of the stairway, doors, and bureau look nice tempered by the lighter coloring of the gleaming wood floor and all the other colors in that area.

I don't generally care for dark walls, ceilings, or floors, but this formal dining room is an exception. I like the far wall shape with its symmetrical 90 degree angles and the alcove that is created by the dimensions, where the cabinet resides so nicely. The cream and white colors look great and work wonders with the dark walls and ceiling - the wide molding and chair rails, the archway with the fluted pillars, the lean vertical lines of the metal lamps with the white lampshades and the two long white plaques that look great on those walls (what are those?), the two-toned drapes with the wide white margin, the white carpet framed by the wood floor.  And the chairs aren't crowded together, there is plenty of space between them for ease of access.  Can picture this as a poker/game room too.

Like the bedroom ceiling with the angles, cream molding, and pale blue color.  Also like the angles of the bay/bow window wall.

Thanks for the tour.
Honored Contributor

My idea of a refresh is a new tablecloth or towels. This was a big project with pleasing results. I with they had used something brighter on the dining room table. 

Honored Contributor

Interesting you would say that, @QVCisFun .   I normally don't care for "all-dark" either, but felt that the lighter elements you mention helped relieve some of that...

I ended up kind of feeling that the dining room was a kind of "jewel-box" room,  at its best at night, with the lamps and chandelier lit, and lots of candlelight giving a glamorous glow.

A change-of-pace from the other, lighter, more straightforward rooms, perhaps...

Super Contributor
@Oznell , I sure would like to see the room lit as you described with the lamps, chandelier, and candlelight.  The room might have a totally different look and feel.  It would be interesting to see if the room was still appealing and also how the dark walls, ceiling, and other elements look with that lighting.

I meant to mention in my previous post that I like the duck in the entry.  
Honored Contributor

Re: ATLANTA HOUSE "REFRESH"

[ Edited ]

This is an absolutely yummy home.  The kitchen looks a lot like one that one of my kids left behind but the update on this one makes it look much more palatable than the original (over the top) Italian that my child had.  

Honored Contributor

Looks to be a nice structure with some pleasing elements and some nice design choices. Overall, I'm not wowed by the decor but certainly, it's well done.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...