Honored Contributor

The owners didn't want a full-on remodel of their 90's home-- they were going to keep the floors, wood work and kitchen cabinets.  Designer Leah Atkins worked within that framework, with pleasing results, in my opinion.

The entry benefits from its barrel ceiling and classic molding.  The little touches of sky blue are links with blue in rooms to come...

Super Theme Large-Leah Atkins entry.jpg

The centerpiece of the remodel is the light-flooded, spacious keeping room, which is off the kitchen and dining area.  Something about the stone-faced fireplace, in combo with the great expanse of glass and the warm wood ceiling, spells cozy to me, despite the room's size.  If you enlarge the image, you can get even more of a feel for that.  Soft blue accents again:

Super Theme Large-Leah Atkins keeping room.jpg

There's a deliberate contrast in the drama of the charcoal-hued formal dining room.  The cream painted crown molding, fluted pillars, deep velvet dining chairs, give a feeling of elegance.  This room also has ample natural light via the French doors, so even the dark ceiling is fine with me. 

Super Theme Large-Leah Atkins dining.jpg

More mix of dark and light in the friendly kitchen.  I'm not entirely sure I would have kept the cabinets the same as before, as the owner elected to do, but I don't 'hate' them.  The burnished coppery pendant lights lend warmth.

Super Theme Large-Leah Atkins kitchen.jpg

Leah Atkins does really inviting bedrooms, in my view.  Love the colors and the "softness".

Super Theme Large-Leah Atkins bedroom.jpg

While you can sense that this was a '90's house architecturally, I find it a sympathetic refresh for today.

Honored Contributor

What a stunning home, every room filled with loveliness and beauty.  I love the chairs in the entryway,  I like that there are drapes on the windows, hints of color throughout,  The rooms are spacious, something I always find appealing.  I would change the table cloth in the dining room to a contrasting color since the room has dark walls.  It would perk up the area  for me.  The bedroom is very pretty and calming, love the chaise lounge!  All in all an impressive home.

Esteemed Contributor

It's definitely not a style for me but it is nicely done for the most part.  I love the architectural features in this home and would love to redo it to fit my tastes.  The barrel ceiling and also the huge window and wooden ceiling in the living room are beautiful. 

I love the gray/cream dining room but it needs a little print on the window treatments and/or the dining room chairs.  It appears out of place to me with the softer & more airy colors and furnishings in the other rooms.  

Thanks again for posting these @Oznell !

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

Really like this!

Esteemed Contributor

I like all the rooms except the dining room.  I went back to it a few times and it seems creepy to me, almost funeral parlor like..........yikes.   Love that big window in the living room or keeping room as you called it.  I would like it better with the same color trim though as the other window.   Lovely house.

Honored Contributor

Just stunning!!!!!Love the rooms and the colors used..

Respected Contributor

The ceilings in the entry, keeping room, and bedroom are gorgeous.  They're quite a refresh for a '90s structure.

Respected Contributor

@Oznell ...... Once again, a stunning tour and beautifully done remodel. Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I love the architectural details and most of the design choices.

My favorite room is the kitchen. Love the warmth of the woods, copper lights, and the lime green chairs add a nice pop of color.

I like the foyer, but the pattern on the chairs isn't my style. I really like the big window and the furnishings in the family room, but I'm not crazy about the print on the sofa. The bedroom is a bit too much color for me. I'd prefer a different neutral wall color.

The dining room is my least favorite room. It's too dark for me. Removing the dark tablecloth & using a lighter wall color above the chair rail would help. 

Honored Contributor

What a beautiful home! I love everything structurally, even the kitchen cabinets!

I loved her colors until we got to the lime green chairs in the kitchen.  I would prefer a soft pear yellow, and different soft color in the bedroom.

I love her mix of furniture styles!  The entire home has a pleasing flow.

Many thanks.