Honored Contributor

Re: ATLANTA DESIGNER'S OWN HOME

[ Edited ]

I like the house and her overall aesthetic if not necessarily some of these specific choices. As an aside, I think it must now be bordering on mandatory for decorators to include a blue lacquer butler's pantry or bar area. I like the look but in the past year or so, we've seen so many.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Her design style is just too far removed from what I prefer. I didn't care for any of the prints she used either. I did love those lamps in the spare bedroom and also those butterscotch colored lamps.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I love the first living room-the one with the Modigliani  (I think).

Respected Contributor

I think she has done a beautiful job with her home. 

She seems to be wise beyond her age in her appreciation of vintage paintings...nice to see that. She has made the relatively small home look very liveable and lovely at the same time. I love her choice of fabrics. She is very talented.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Regarding her designs for others, I do like & remember the blue pantry photo and the third photo of a neutral toned living area. 

Her personal living room & kitchen are ok. I like some of her furnishings, but I don't like most of the patterns, prints, and textiles she chose. I don't really like the other rooms.