Honored Contributor

Re: ATLANTA DESIGNER REVISITED

Wow, @spiderw and @Irish1210 -- it's uncanny how your specific responses are almost exactly mine too!

Trusted Contributor

@OznellI was pleased that you originally pointed out the cake covers as I might have missed them ~ sooooo many "goodies" in each picture Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Quaint and feminine. I'm also not a curtain person but nice touch in this room. Couldn't do an entire house this way, but one room is nice.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

And were it not for you, @Irish1210, I would have missed those marine blue shutters!  You are right, there's almost too much juicy detail to take in, at least on first "look".

Trusted Contributor

Yes, @Oznell , your design posts always deserve a second look.....or a third, or a fourth!!

Please continue to share as I so enjoy the inspiration : )

Respected Contributor

Beautiful rooms! There are elements that I love to incorporate in my far more modest home. 

Honored Contributor

Oznell !

I guess we appreciate the " designer's love for forties interiors from vintage films" as you stated.  This may be our common denominator in designs!

Respected Contributor

Very nice design.....impressed!

Honored Contributor

I agree about adding black to a space. I have been doing this for about 4 years now and I am pleased with the dimension it adds to the room. 

These rooms are gorgeous and the neutrals are fine with me. I add throw pillows to add color and change them up with the seasons.

Respected Contributor

I love the feeling of each room!  I enjoy the creaminess of her rooms, it makes the furniture even more important.  There is a lushness to her interiors, nothing sharp or harsh.  I love a neutral palette for me the color comes from art work and flowers, flowers, flowers everywhere which is how I bring in color.  If you have beautiful antique wood pieces, they stand out to be noticed in a soft palette especially the patina of the wood on an old piece.

I am one who needs to have flowers about my home.  There are days, I want something bright like orange or red anemones or vibrant Stargazer lilies.  Sometimes I prefer an all white arrangement, white Casablanca lilies or white roses with hydrangea packed with babies breath.  Sometimes, just babies breath or red or hot pink geraniums from my garden.  I use everything as a vase.  An old teapot, a copper kettle, a crystal glass.  I like all my flowers, short, fat and overflowing except lilies!