Honored Contributor

ATLANTA DESIGNER REVISITED

[ Edited ]

Jackye Lanham's work has been shown here before, in a single house.  Now here are some rooms she's done in a variety of houses, and I can see a pattern--  comfortable, pretty spaces, with lots of attention to detail.

I read an interview with her that stated she loved Forties' interiors from vintage films, she loves a touch of gilt in a room, and a touch of black.  Me too!

026b507130a676d0d14af85b9cb5eb0d--entry-foyer-front-entry.jpg

decorist-spindle-style-chairs-atlanta-homes-living-room-_-04ca7082dffa4bc99db67822515b25be.jpg

150423_003.jpg

Picture-2316.png

royal-ficus-jackie-lanham-atlanta-homes.jpg

170302_124-1.jpg

Her kitchens are yummy.  I love the pewter chargers, and those Wedgwood-esque cake covers:

Picture-838.png

Picture-1627.png

jackye+13.jpg

Apparently, she has a tiny pied-a-terre in Charleston.  Here's a close-up on a little piece of it.  There's definitely her "touch of gilt" preference, and attention to detail in the festive seasonal accents:

0063425.jpg

The fanciful wave-like paint treatment lining the stairs is

such a nice touch:

Blog1-Jackye-Lanham.jpg

jackye+9.png

jackye+2.jpg

wJPL-Portrait-1.jpg

It's all within a traditional framework, and I do see a pattern of preferences, but within that, she can still go airy, cozy, Gustavian, antiques-rich, even a little romantic.   To me, interesting and liveable. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: ATLANTA DESIGNER REVISITED

Thanks, moderators for your kind help!

Honored Contributor

So many gorgeous elements and lovely rooms... I too always feel a room is better with a touch of black... That said, viewing as many home design and decor resources as I do, I am stuck with what appears to be this endless period of neutrals-neutrals-neutrals... Almost exclusive use of neutrals can make for a very elegant and timeless space, but I have to say I'm really, really weary of it... It's especially underwhelming in more contemporary spaces, which tend to lack warmth in the first place... It does play better in more traditional space, like these, but even there, I've become overwhelmed with such exclusive reliance on neutrals

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

This is certainly a lovely home, but I also think I would prefer to see more color.  

Honored Contributor

this is a beautiful home, beautifully decorated, but I agree that a Pop of Color is needed....

Honored Contributor

Yeah, alas, so many top designers are opting for white, white, white--  driven partly by current consumer demand.  White is "stylish", "white" is upscale-- therefore, white is given.

In some cases I love the 'blank canvas' look, the ethereal no-color Scandinavian look-- but I just don't like it when that's the default.

I like Jackye Lanham's rooms even when color is largely absent, just because they are character-filled and not boring.  And I love when she does rich creams.   Color or not, she has that knack of having great taste, but "not trying too hard",  which I find so relatively rare and soothing in designers...

Honored Contributor

I am very impressed by and in love with all the designs, furniture and decor in each picture!!  There is warmth, coziness, space, arrangement of furniture, style which appeals to my taste.  I admire this designer and her ideas and designs.

Trusted Contributor

Stunning!!

I especially LOVE:

~ the black spindle chair

~ beige dining room

~ Wedgwood-esque cake covers

~ Wolf stove and the marine blue shutters

Respected Contributor

beautiful!  each photo is more stunning than the previous.  i could sit and look through these for hours.   these are not rooms that i would be comfortable living in, however.  

Respected Contributor

The home is nice but I have to agree with others that it needs more color.