Respected Contributor

Re: ART AND ANTIQUE LOVER'S LONDON TERRACE HOUSE

They have nice things, but too fancy for me. A lot of my stuff comes from hand me downs and yard sales. I call the look "early depression". Suits me.

Respected Contributor

I like the lamps and the bulldog. The rest is too fussy for me. Guess I am in the less is more phase.

Esteemed Contributor

I could move in as is and be very happy (as long as I had someone else clean and dust}  Just beautiful!  Would love to hear the stories behind some of the pieces.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, like this look.  It is a bit smushed for my taste, but still lovely.

Particularly like what appears to be a Chinese Clay figurine in the 1st photo.  Also the aqua rug in the brown and white room, and the Japanese Wedding Box, which seems to move around, unless there really are 3 of them.

There are some modern bits that are jarring - the wall of mirrors, the hanging cabinets over the love seat...

MIL had a few clay figurines,  SIL gave them away, even though DH had them tagged.    GRRRRRRR!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Oh, I empathize, @Drythe -- hate when that happens to prized items!  Seems to happen often in families, unfortunately.