Honored Contributor

Re: ART AND ANTIQUE LOVER'S LONDON TERRACE HOUSE

[ Edited ]

This looks to be an impressive house and there are many amazing elements contained in it. I usually like an 'English' look but this, overall, doesn't come together very well for me. The design and the rooms seem overly rigid and I'm not loving many of the fabfic choices or colors chosen. I actively dislike the striped wallpaper. I recall Sarah Richardson often uses similar patterns and I've just never cared for the 'circus tent' look. Obviously, as with all designs, it's a matter of individual choice.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell @Beautiful, thanks! 

I agree with others. I think there are too many paintings and prints on the walls. It’s hard to focus on any one. 

Respected Contributor

Love all the Art!

Trusted Contributor

What's not to love? ~ Gorgeous!!!!

The red and white stripe wallpaper is FABULOUS!!!!!

Respected Contributor

although there are some really cozy and comfy seating areas that i was really drawn to, i couldn't see past the artwork.  there was way too much of it for my taste.  if i could see the rooms without all the art, i would probably like it a lot. 

Respected Contributor

I do like most but not all rooms fully appeal to me.

I do not like the red stripe wallpaper, that seems too different for the home in general.

I do not like the feeling of clutter, clutter in some rooms. The reaction I have is that one is showing off what they have, and realistically they are.

I say 9 out of 10. However I would not mind if it was mine, and the tent would be gone.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, you were right....it's not my "Cuppa"!!!  As I recall,there were some very beautiful individual pieces but just about each room had far too much included for me to take a mental note of what things I really liked.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

The artwork has got to go!  Not my cup of tea.  The only part I really like is the patio outside. The inside has too much stuff everywhere.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

The home would definitely be enjoyed by antique lovers, however I would be very uncomfortable in that setting.

Respected Contributor

For me,it"s lovely.I would love to stay there for a couple of weeks and enjoy London.Thank you for posting.