Honored Contributor

donna-dickey9-scaled-1.jpg

There's something a little too "manicured" about the front landscaping-- can't quite put my finger on it.  Wouldn't a mature tree or two be an improvement?  But still, nice.

donna-dickey13-scaled-1.jpg

Sometimes the interiors featured on "Glam Pad" are too elaborate for me.  But the rooms in this one, even though it is a big house, just struck a chord with me.  It's traditional, but not stuffy.  And not "fussy",  which is my one quarrel with some, not all, traditional houses   It's not over done--  feels like "home"....

donna-dickey3-scaled-1.jpg

I've always liked squiggly "barley twist",  whether it appears in candlesticks, or furniture.  Super cupboard too.

donna-dickey2-scaled-1.jpg

Homey kitchen.

donna-dickey5-scaled-1.jpg

Windsor chairs are another traditional silhouette that is both sculptural, and timeless.donna-dickey4-scaled-1.jpg

I like the way they've salted wonderful vintage rugs throughout...

donna-dickey-scaled-1.jpg

donna-dickey10-scaled-1.jpg

I like the neutral they've used on the walls of most of the rooms, apart from the white kitchen and a few others.  It's that creamy "greige" that is a soft backdrop...

donna-dickey12-scaled-1.jpg

donna-dickey14-scaled-1.jpg

My take on traditional is a little different than this-- I like to juxtapose modern elements, like contemporary pottery, with venerable antiques.  But as a "pure" example of a traditional family home, it's a serene retreat.

Honored Contributor

Shrubbery too horizontal and level.  Definitely, needs trees and different sizes, heights, and types of shrubs to add interest. 

Honored Contributor

That's it, @Foxxee !   Definitely too horizontal landscaping.  Also, the too-uniform "roundedness" of the dark green shrubbery lining the sidewalk.  We have a municipal landscaper in the downtown here, whose shrubs are all sort of robotically the same, low and rounded.  Not my favorite look!

Valued Contributor

I love how the interior is nicely appointed while being effortlessly casual. Very nice!

Honored Contributor

I do like all the rooms and how they are furnished and decorated.  It appears warm and inviting and while it isn't exactly my taste, it works for me.  I love the rugs and the ceilings, the huge cupboard and the dining room set.  The wicker set is also so appealing and of course I would love a porch with shutters for privacy but yet open also.

I would probably make changes in decor and maybe add some wall color but in general it is a very appealing home!

Honored Contributor

Stunning!  I would prefer it in coastal SC, GA or TX.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Love it.  Whoever decorated has very good taste.  I would love to take a swim in that pool then sit on porch with the privacy shutters. Heart

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@Oznell  It's all beautiful! Love that pool!! Thank you.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

@Mellyg--  So well put!  May I quote you? "Nicely appointed while being effortlessly casual."     I think that is such an apt description, far better than mine.

Honored Contributor

Someone's beautiful home.  The only thing I'd change inside would be to get rid of the four-poster bed; never been a fan of those and that one looks a bit overpowering.

I agree about the front lawn's landscaping - definitely too manicured a look.  Something softer would be nice, but this is a home I could move straight into.