Honored Contributor

What a sweet little getaway.   I would love an Arizona cottage, near Prescott or Flagstaff, sigh.

How do you feel about that much wood, though?  They are beautiful logs, and the master bedroom and the bath are a respite from all the wood-- but I'd have a little more of painted walls, along with the wood, were it my cabin.  I love rustic, just not quite that much!  Still, it's so cute.

See part of the wee kitchen to the left:

Get tired of gazing out at the view-- get lost in staring at the massive stone fireplace.... 

Living room opens right into bedroom:

Here, above the dining area, you get a better view of the sleeping loft.  It could be a studio or workspace instead.  It looks like this sleeping loft is the only other bedroom besides the master.  I think I'd paint the wall and roof up here to bounce more light around...

Down to the left, note the tiny kitchen again. I would need a bigger one--  maybe reconfigure the floor plan a bit?

I like that rough stone floor and that flat basket used for towels-- cool idea!  That urn gives a further "spa-like" feel.

From the master, you can look at the living room's roaring fire.

The "Town and Country Living" blogger pointed out that those are birch-printed linens.  Love.

Comfortable, rustic.

Yeah, just add a few more painted plaster or drywall walls to give a little more "airiness", and a light painted ceiling or two, (hope I'm not offending the log cabin purists out there!),  and I'd feel quite at home.

For classic movie fans, remember in "The Great Lie", when Bette Davis and Mary Astor hid out in a remote Arizona cabin so that Mary Astor could finish her pregnancy and have her baby without anyone knowing about it?  This is the perfect 21st century version of that cottage, no?!

Honored Contributor

It's exquisitely maintained, like a maid polises everything everyday.  I prefer something more rustic high in the Colorado mountains away from people, and I want to be there NOW.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor
I like it. I definitely could live there.
Esteemed Contributor

Beautiful and charming.  I could move in tomorrow and never leave.  I love everything about it.  

Honored Contributor

What a lovely warm inviting cozy cabin!  I do not mind the wood at all especially in this type of home.  My closest friend lived in a log cabin and it was so charming and appealing.  

Contributor

Love it all...just move it to Northern New Mexico and I would be happy now and forever

Occasional Contributor

Absolutely beautiful, the furnishings,the style, the layout I would give up my house tomorrow for something like this and the location in the mountains is so serene I've never seen anything like it.

i love all the wood and the rustic look,wish I could purchase this tomorrow and move in.

Honored Contributor

Sweet Getaway. When I can I move in permanently?

Honored Contributor

I like it. A bit more wood than I would normally like, but it’s very nicely done. I really like that bathroom! 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

It's exquisitely maintained, like a maid polises everything everyday.  I prefer something more rustic high in the Colorado mountains away from people, and I want to be there NOW.

I'm with you, especially for the "be there NOW" part, @Kachina624 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.