Esteemed Contributor

Re: ARE YOU A COAT HOOK HOUSE OR A COAT CLOSET HOUSE?

I have created a style of decor where a coat rack with exposed jackets/coats would not fit.  I have a big double door closet in the foyer where all our outdoor clothing lives.  I tend to take off my shoes/boots, clean them if necessary and immediately put them away in the bedroom closet while my husband tucks his most frequently worn shoes on the floor of the entry closet.  I pick my battles. 😊

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs

We keep our coats and jackets in a closet (near the front entrance).  I have a canvas storage organizer with shelves on the one end for hats, gloves, scarves, ear muffs, etc. The organizer works great and keeps items readily available as needed.

Shoes, boots, etc., are kept in the bedroom walk-in closet.  I have built-in shelving for shoes and boots are kept on the floor. 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs

We have both.  I keep leathers, suedes and wool blazers in the coat closet near the front door.

Going down to the basement, I have these hooks from World Market on the walls next to the stairs.  We put our outerwear items on them.

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@tends2dogs

We have both.  I keep leathers, suedes and wool blazers in the coat closet near the front door.

Going down to the basement, I have these hooks from World Market on the walls next to the stairs.  We put our outerwear items on them.

Very nice @lolakimono!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

I have my leather jackets, light jackets, and coats stored in two different closets.  The ones I am currently wearing go into a coat closet at the beginning of the main living area. I switch them out depending on the season.  

I love the hooks that @lolakimono posted!  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

We have both a coat stand and use the coat closet as well. 

My husbands grandmother gave us a beautiful antique cherry coat stand when she moved into a smaller place and we use that for our coats but if we have a lot more people we use the coat closet which is right by our side door entrance which is where most enter.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

We are in a modern condo, so it' closets for us.  In our old house, it depended on what door we came in.  If we used the front door, we put coats in the hall closet.  If we came in through the back, coats were on the hooks in the mud room.

Esteemed Contributor

I have both.....

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Coats in the hallway closet.  Doesn't make sense to me to walk in my front door, walk to end of the house to hang my coat up on a hook.  Hallway closet is next to the front door.

As for shoes, I keep them in my bedroom closet depending on the seasons.  Otherwise, they sit under my floor mirror.  I haven't worn flip flops since I was 12 yrs old.

@Mz iMac:

The same in my childhood home for coats and jackets.  8)

Honored Contributor

Jacket and shoes in the closet, except for my 'fitness walking' sneakers - I leave those out as a reminder, LOL.