Contributor

ARE WE GETTING ANXIOUS TO PUT OUT OUR GINGERBREAD HOUSES

i sure am, but i'm a strong believer and lover of thanksgiving which is at my house as well, so... all i do is think about it! i do put up a tree in the dining room with white lights only and a tin star on top if i run into it...that'a all. no decs until friday. i'm going crazy. i have a large hutch where i plan on placing the 3 houses with a bunch of bottle trees and white tree candles i have collected over the years from the Q. somehow i missed the story of hansel and gretel when i was a kid. my mother told me the story last week which got the wheels turning. so yesterday i bought a set of hansel and gretel kids from byers choice on ebay plus a decorated sign post with a gingerbread man on the plaque. i have a lot of both width and depth....AND I JUST CAN'T WAIT TO GET STARTED!!!! my bil simply lifted out the bottom light box on each house. we bought plug in lights so we wouldn't have to move them from dec-april.....yes my family really gets into this stuff unless we have an early spring, of course. he then took his dremel router and made a little tunnel from the box opening out so the cord would lay in there and make the houses sit level... terrific and very easy! i wish i could post a pic when i get it done, but not even owning a camera is an issue! wish you all a HAPPY THANKSGIVING and as much fun as i plan on having decorating for Christmas....luvie