Respected Contributor

ANYONE TRYING BEEKMAN LAUNDRY POWDER?

I liked the ingredients and I'm giving it a try. I'm using more organic products including those Woolies...wool balls for the dryer. Eliminates fabric softener, true đź‘Ť

Valued Contributor

Re: ANYONE TRYING BEEKMAN LAUNDRY POWDER?

@Mustang Shar wrote:

I liked the ingredients and I'm giving it a try. I'm using more organic products including those Woolies...wool balls for the dryer. Eliminates fabric softener, true đź‘Ť

I like the ingredients, too.  I'm going to try it.

i stopped using fabric softener and use vinegar instead.  Works nicely and clothes do not smell like vinegar.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nevermind I found it.

Goat Milk Soap, Soda Ash, Sodium bicarbonate, Borax, Metasilicate, Blend of Essential Oils.

"Can you post the ingredients?

I looked for it but I don't see it anywhere."

You can make your own laundry detergent & it is very easy.

I use Fels Naptha Bar Soap ($.97 Wal-Mart), but you can use goat milk soap, castile soap, whatever you want.

1 C Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda ($3.99 for 55 oz Rural King)

1 C 20 Mule Team Borax ($3.99 for 65oz Rural King)

I use about 1 1/2 T per large load of laundry & wash in cold water. It cleans everything.

You can add essential oils but I don't bother.

Respected Contributor

I am already stocked up on Nellie's laundry soap from HSN. It is natural and does a good job. I also got the wool balls and stain remover stick by Nellie. Funny, the on air demos are very similar with HSN's, HSN used a white baby onesie while Beekman used a white child's  t-shirt. There is nothing new under the sun.

Valued Contributor

No I'm not. I'm growing tired of them and hey neighbor. They are becoming a  huge do everything co. not the down home guys.

Valued Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

Nevermind I found it.

Goat Milk Soap, Soda Ash, Sodium bicarbonate, Borax, Metasilicate, Blend of Essential Oils.

"Can you post the ingredients?

I looked for it but I don't see it anywhere."

You can make your own laundry detergent & it is very easy.

I use Fels Naptha Bar Soap ($.97 Wal-Mart), but you can use goat milk soap, castile soap, whatever you want.

1 C Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda ($3.99 for 55 oz Rural King)

1 C 20 Mule Team Borax ($3.99 for 65oz Rural King)

I use about 1 1/2 T per large load of laundry & wash in cold water. It cleans everything.

You can add essential oils but I don't bother.

this is the same recipe I use and I have found since I've stopped using the regular boughten laundry detergent that I don't have the need to use fabric softeners.  No static and the clothes are naturally fluffy.

Trusted Contributor

I've been using Nellie's for over a year and am happy with it.  Also bought wool balls online from Amazon and they were much less expensive than the Beekman's.  I do like goat's milk soap, but make my own melt and pour goat's milk soap with contains 10% milk and not dry goat's milk like Beekman's.  They are becoming a very large business.  Certainly they don't make all those soap bars themselves.

Respected Contributor

I ordered the large, scented size and am looking forward to trying it.  I have Nellie's too, but haven't been using it for that long.  I'll have a lot of laundry soap to use, but I won't have to restock for quite awhile, LOL.

I really like the Beekman boys and am glad that they are branching out into other product lines.  They want to make money, of course, but for some reason I trust them.  I believe they are authentic and best of all, their current stuff is made in America which is important to me.

They will be debuting a home decorating line in the future, but I doubt if they will find a manufacturing source in this country for that particular line.  Most of those types of businesses are long gone and pretty much everything is made overseas now.  I'll wait and see on that one.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

What a huge profit margin on soap.  The person who posted her homemade detergent recipe spends eight dollars and only uses a small amount per load.  I just buy the supermarket brands of detergent. 

Respected Contributor

I thought they were over priced on the detergent.  I've been using Nellies for about a year and really like it.  I also use the Nellies wool dryer balls too.    I originally tried a TS which included the laundry soap and wool balls and then ordered the huge TS bucket because I liked it so much.  I have the  Nelllies bucket on AD for $49.95 for 500 loads!   I'll only need one a year, and have shared some of it with a friend.