Honored Contributor

Re: ANYONE TRYING BEEKMAN LAUNDRY POWDER?

I thought the S&H  ,was just way too much, i like nellies .

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

NO. Kind of overextending themselves I believe (well not kind of, they are). First, hand and body soaps, OK fine...

Now, laundry soap? I think not, for me anyhow. 

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

Nellies sounds rather interesting also. I may have to watch a demo. Thanks everyone 

Respected Contributor

Nope, haven't tried it yet. Don't know if I will. Have tried Nellies from HSN. You might as well just be using plain water to wash your clothes. Nellies is terrible. Can't even clean plain garden dirt off of your pants, let alone blood off a shirt cuff. It is the worst. So I don't know about a "New"  organic laundry powder. I do use the wool dryer balls. They work great. Purchased them from Amazon. Lower price.

Honored Contributor

@Rockycoast wrote:

Nope, haven't tried it yet. Don't know if I will. Have tried Nellies from HSN. You might as well just be using plain water to wash your clothes. Nellies is terrible. Can't even clean plain garden dirt off of your pants, let alone blood off a shirt cuff. It is the worst. So I don't know about a "New"  organic laundry powder. I do use the wool dryer balls. They work great. Purchased them from Amazon. Lower price.

Must disagree with you about nellies.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I bought a big bucket of Nellie's several months ago and calculated that it would last me a year, or close to it.  I still have a ton of it left.  DH wasn't so convinced at first, but just the other day he said he was impressed with how Nellie's is working.  I haven't tried the dryer balls yet.  

Honored Contributor

Since I must have missed the Nellies TS $50 500 load bucket I ordered it when they had it for $60 + $5 S&H. I had a 20% off coupon + $5 Spendable Kash so I paid about $48. I have been using it since I quit making my own. I used to make it with the Fels Naptha until I found out that's a petro product. I started using goats milk powder. I got tired of making it so tried Nellies. Nellies works for us.

I also use the wool dryer balls. They do make your clothes dry faster. Between the Nellies & the dryer balls our clothes are so soft.

New Contributor

I totally agree with you but not sure where to go from here....I want natural laundry soap but one that cleans and gets stains out.  I'm using their Oxygen Brightner that they suggested after I called and complained.  Seems to work a little better but its expensive.

New Contributor

This was a reply to the person that used Nellies Laundry Soap and didn't care for it!

Honored Contributor

I keep eyeing Nellies but the "didn't clean of dirt and grime" and "didn't get rid of BO" in the reviews REALLY makes me nervous. I sweat heavily; it MUST be able to remove urine stains and the scent of urine out of clothing and bedding; it MUST be able to remove dirt from clothes involved in sports (rugby, track, basketball, tennis). I found that many detergents that aren't "natural" can't even manage to do that.

Currently using the pods from Kirkland (Costco). For those who use Nellies; will it work on the things I've mentioned or should I stick to the pods? I do use the woolie balls (bought them at HSN when a brand was on clearance) and love them. TIA!!