Honored Contributor

Re: ANTIQUE DEALER'S APARTMENT OVER THE STORE

To much clutter & to many dust collectors for my taste.  What is up w/those ugly curtains under the kitchen counters?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Ha, ha, those would not quite be my choice either, @Mz iMac.  I'm going to guess that is part of her whole pairing the "rustic" (including burlap-y looking curtains) with the more "refined" (like having sculpture, glass shelves, etc. in the kitchen).  I think it's an interesting contrast she's going for.

As you've observed, sometimes it works, sometimes not so much, plus not very practical in a work area like a kitchen...

Honored Contributor

I always find these "magazine and/or blogger" homes to be lacking in clutter.

How do they live with so few visible items (blowsy kitchen curtains notwithstanding)?  She apparently has no pets, either.  

It's all quite unreal.  Maybe that's the charm - to be aspirational?

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

Very nice but too busy for me. I had two chandeliers and loved them but got tired of cleaning them. Have one left and we will be cleaning it one more time.

Respected Contributor

Lovely apartment serene and tranquil 

Honored Contributor

Good point, @GingerPeach.  I would guess a lot of it is "aspirational".    What I find with these spreads on houses, they encourage day-dreaming, of a pleasant kind.  Even when the style isn't quite mine, I love to get my ideas of what's possible, ideas sort of stretched by other people's arrangements.

For a few, brief shining moments, I can imagine living in a house where I don't have to choose upholstery fabric (read: serviceable microfiber, sigh) based on how impervious it is to my 4 kitties' active claws, ha.  I love it when these homeowners don't have my usual detritus of discarded newspapers, scratched woodwork, stuffed catnip mice and other toys, teenage fingerprints on walls, etc. etc....

Honored Contributor

I love the serene colors. 

I like most of the rooms but don't like the kitchen at all. Plates on walls are not for me,  the curtains under the sink look terrible, busts with or without heads are not my thing, and the bedroom with the 2 twin beds looks like a Hospital room IMO.

I do like the rest.

Respected Contributor

While pretty, it's too neutral, fru fru,and too old fashioned for me.  Just not my cup of tea.

Honored Contributor

This is a stellar space with many very fine elements and an overall attractive decor. That said, another neutral design. Enough already. I'd lose the curtained lower 'cabinets' in the kitchen, among other things, but there's much I'd keep.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

WOWZA.  I think it's beautiful.  Luv the chandeliers.  I am a fan of neutral colors so I like the lightness of the walls, floors and furnishings.  However, I would not want to wash all those floors. 

I agree in that the only thing I'm not liking so much are the drapey curtain shelf covers in the kitchen.  Imagine all the drips and drops that get splattered on those.  Not a good look.  But it seems to work here,  I'd rather have nice cabinetry, even if it were lots of beveled glass type cabinets. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing