Honored Contributor

Re: AN UNLIKELY SOURCE FOR WALL ART?

A head's up:   The Oregon framed photo print arrived, and as far as I can tell, no major flaws!  (When eagle-eyed hubby gets home, I will have him go over it with a fine tooth comb.  So many customers complained about the framing, that I want to make sure.)

But wow, it is better than the online images, and huge.  That's what I wanted, something big, moody, and with impact.  But now I have to juggle other pieces on the wall, and not sure where to hang it to best advantage, gack... 

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell,  I'm glad you posted an update on the arrival condition of the print....I was hoping you would, and BTW it's wonderful! I'm in my 70s, so I try not to buy home decor items that I just don't need or have room for, but if I did, those beautiful feline bookends would be mine! Thanks for always sharing so many lovely things.

Honored Contributor

It's my pleasure, @jannabelle1 --  it's so much fun to discuss decor with like-minded people, even if you resist the inclination to buy.  I'm with you in trying to be not too acquisitive at this stage of my life,  although clearly every once in awhile I give in!

Respected Contributor

@Oznell 

The first art piece is so beautiful.  I see why you love it so much.  So do I & it does go very well over that fireplace.  Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

I don't know why, @sceniccoast , but it's so much fun hearing from other people who respond to an item similarly--  I suppose it's kind of "affirming".   Thank you!

Honored Contributor

This is good to know since I am looking for some wall art, and not over the top costly!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

Good sunny Sunday morning @Oznell  

Perhaps you enjoy a "affirming/positive" reply because I'm usually the odd one out that doesn't always have the same same taste/style as the majority of you.  I do appreciate everyone who posts their pics each day.  It's always fun to post our opinions, but I truly don't wish to offend anyone.

Thanks for all of your posts and all the descriptions you include with them.  Enjoy your Sunday.

Honored Contributor

I'm not in the market for 'wall art' but have seen some lovely things and a good variety of styles at Home Goods and also at the other TJX stores, (TJ Maxx, Marshall's and Home Sense), and prices are generally reasonable.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

Years ago QVC sold art . I still have the pieces and  enjoy them .

Lowes also has an art and decor section .

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shelbyshelbyshelby wrote:

Years ago QVC sold art . I still have the pieces and  enjoy them .

Lowes also has an art and decor section .

So does the Home Decorators division of Home Depot. It's mostly on-line but amazing variety and price ranges of products offered.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...