Esteemed Contributor

The exterior is beautiful.  I'm just not into much, if any, of the interior.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

Re: AIRY HAMPTONS HOUSE

[ Edited ]

@Oznell 

WOW!!

THANK YOU!

I love seeing how other people live!

That winding staircase!  LOVE LOVE that pic from the Entrance Hall

LOVE that Robin's Egg Blue aqua...

That is my favorite, favorite color or all time. so much so, I'm admittedly vulnerable to buying something.most anything, in that Robin's Egg Blue color!

Love the pink room also. and what she did with accents of pink.

And the kitchen is sooo "clean white," just like Id like a kitchen to look like - "Clean white."  And that perfect doggie!  How'd they get that doggie to pose like that!  Remarkable!

It's so gorgeous, not sure I'd want to eat, sit on, or use anything in the house, it's so perfectly laid out and decorated. Even perfectly "puffed" cushions!  I'd want to straighten everything back again, after I used, or sat there!

But makes for a gorgeous home, & in the Hamptons! 

I'm sure she loves it!  and is understandly quite proud of this home, inside & out!

@Oznell   Thank you for this "look see" into this lovely home! 

And for the incredible descriptions, you offered, while visiting in each room!  Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I like the outside, the blue room, the kitchen, dining room, green ante room, but not the checkerboard floors.

Honored Contributor

My favorite room is the anteroom. The kitchen is just OK for me.

The exterior is beautiful but I don't find the interior warm and inviting so it's not for me.

Esteemed Contributor

I certainly appreciate a glimpse of how very few of us live.

I would enjoy a visit, to be sure.  But we are certainly in a much lower income group but still are curious as to how some live.  We are, at heart, very casual people.  Our dining rooms not used very often.  

I was interested to see copper in the kitchen.  I gave away much of my collection to my DD and DIL.  They do display in their kitchens.  I did keep a few pieces for me!  Goes to prove that what is old will become new again.

Thank you for all you do.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for posting pictures of this home.  I love taking virtual walk-thrus.  My favorite part (minus flooring) is kitchen and eating area and also the patio.  Other than that it doesn't seem very warm and comfortable.  

Respected Contributor

Love the dog.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a wealthy friend who lived in Southampton and has since moved.  Although the exterior of the house was quite different, the inside had a similar style to what is shown in these pics - not quite as crowded though.  All of the furniture and decor were very high end and it was an exceptional place.  However, I remember thinking that I would never have used the color scheme she had and I didn't quite understand the combination of prints used on some of the upholstered pieces.  The house was impressive to say the least, but I would have toned it down with maybe more creams and blues.  Yeah, this is Miss Middle Class talking - LOL.   

Respected Contributor

I got vertigo, just viewing the geometric black/white entrance and stairs. For me, it seems out of character for the rest of this lovely home, that's both elegant, but still warm and inviting. Fun to virtually visit.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BlueFinch wrote:

I got vertigo, just viewing the geometric black/white entrance and stairs. For me, it seems out of character for the rest of this lovely home, that's both elegant, but still warm and inviting. Fun to virtually visit.

Yes, I agree. I think the black and white entrance is a little disconjointed with the rest of the house. Maybe if that were somehow toned down it would be better.

The rest is gorgeous.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz