Honored Contributor

NEW-Southampton_Exterior10_Final_Print.jpg

SB-All-Bunny-Williams-ID-Crush-©SariGoodfriend-1-19-22-018-scaled.jpg

The 'dean of American designers',   the legendary Bunny Williams, is so refreshing, whether she's doing a cozy apartment, or more of a "grand manor" situation.  But even here in this Southampton house, there's her human touch, her confident use of color, as well as the ethereal charm she's known for.

Like in this enchanting dining room.   Even with the wallpaper and the formal archtiecture, it's not stiff;  it has a gaiety and animation.

Southampton-NEW-Dining4_Final_Print.jpg

Love the soft greens and pinks, the delicate glass chandelier.

NEW-Southampton_Dining3_Final_Print.jpg

Cutie-pie fish, ha.

NEW-Southampton_Dining1_Final_Print.jpg

Wait--  backing up a bit, here's the stunningly graphic entrance hall leading to staircase...

SB-All-Bunny-Williams-Hamptons-Fritz-von-der-Schulenburg-1.jpg

Her decision to go with glossy black lacquer pillars, giving on to that circular black-and-white marble rotunda, brings such drama.   

Southampton_MainHall2_Final_Print.jpg

Don't get dizzy!

Southampton_Staircase2_Final_Print.jpg

There are two sitting rooms with two distinctly different moods.  First, this robin's egg blue one.  Love the stately architecture, the gorgeous floor, her combo of diverse but compatible textiles, Swedish-looking chandelier:

SB-All-Bunny-Williams-Hamptons-Fritz-von-der-Schulenburg-2.jpg

With Bunny Williams, there's always her easy mix of modern elements into her predominantly traditonal style, which keeps it lively.  And her trademark love of comfort shows in that puffy, deep-dish upholstery:

Southampton_MainSitting4_Final_Print.jpg

What a pretty side table.   I like the way you can peek from this cool blue sitting room, into the warmth of the wood-paneled library--

Southampton-NEW-MainSitting7_Final_Print.jpg

Here's the less formal, coral sitting room, which has an intimate, more casual feeling.

Southampton-NEW-Sitting3_Final_Print.jpg

Pleasant, neutral kitchen,  and look through that door on the left.....

NEW-Southampton_Kitchen2_Final_Print.jpg

....the kitchen has this pale green anteroom below, or maybe oversized butler's pantry?   Is it not fabulous??   This soft color reminds me of Benj. Moore's "Van Alen Green" which we have in our kitchen.  It's dreamy with the gray and white checkerboard stone floors.   And what storage!   Nice collection of copper molds too. 

Southampton-NEW-Pantry1_hero_Final_Print.jpg

The pale, shell pink exterior walls are scrumptious.

Southampton-NEW-Terrace4_Final_Print.jpg

Honored Contributor

The exterior of the home, stunning!  My favorite rooms are the dining room and two sitting rooms.  I love the floral covers of the furniture in the blue sitting room, the tables are lovely and so much space!  The coral sitting room is appealing also, beautiful floral print couches.  All the chandeliers, lovely and I also like the green printed wallpaper, the striking mantle.  On the down side I am not a fan of the black and white rug and do not care for the black and white entryway.  Not my taste.  I do like the kitchen and green area.  Of course being in the Hamptons is a perk for me!

Honored Contributor

I would love it if I could get rid of about 1/3 of the stuff and almost all of the loud colored walls.  I would have a very hard time living in all of that.  

Honored Contributor

Thank you for this stroll through this beautiful home.  I loved the color and use of traditional styles.  

I love the stairway in the entrance hall!

Trusted Contributor

WOW just WOW!!!!

What a feast for the eyes!!! I love the use of all the colors and you nailed it with your discription of thewallpaper it is enchanting. I also love that green on the kitchen cabinets. I'll have to check out that Ben Moore color you suggested.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Valued Contributor

HIDEOUS

Honored Contributor

I like the dog.

I really don't care for anything in the inside of the house.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Re: AIRY HAMPTONS HOUSE

[ Edited ]

The exterior of the house and location is beautiful -- and of course, the sweet dog.

"Dean of American designers" is interesting.  I don't care for anything else at all.

Respected Contributor

@Oznell , gorgeous.  Love everything but the black and white floors.  LM

Trusted Contributor

Sorry, but no thank you.  I don't care for anything about this house.  Too frou-frou for me, and that staircase makes me dizzy.