Honored Contributor

ABSOLUTELY SCRUMPTIOUS NANTUCKET HOUSE

Finally-- a house after my own heart.  What I find most missing, even in a lot of the 'House and Home' tours I've posted here, is the sure, happy, use of color in interior design.

Not knocking white-- some of my favorite "ethereal" rooms have been white, and there's even quite a bit in this Nantucket house, done very well.  But when any color becomes the default go-to of almost every "high" design, it starts to feel a bit trite, I think.

Anyway, this isn't a video, just picture after picture of a gorgeous "cottage-on-a-cliff": 

https://quintessenceblog.com/nantucket-house-tour-chic-on-the-cliff/

Respected Contributor

Re: ABSOLUTELY SCRUMPTIOUS NANTUCKET HOUSE

LOVELY!

Honored Contributor

I loved the lighter rooms but that’s my preference. Loved the outside too.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is much to like/love about this wonderful old victorian home.....the light colors welcome the light, the dark walls do not so I can do without dark colored walls in any home!  Some very interesting furniture and designs but the white is what I like the most....  Thank you for the wonderful tour of this updated/renovated great old house...it is quite a treasure!

Honored Contributor

I think "treasure" is a perfect word for it, @ScarletDove!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not as exuberant about it as are you @Oznell  but there's much to like in this house... There are also a few things I'd want to change, especially in the guest house, which I don't much care for at all. I do really like some of the colors chosen, especially the fresh greens, which I think are going to be big in design for a while.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

No, no, no for me!  I wouldn't want to live in that cluttered messy (to me) looking space with stuff that needs to be repainted or thrown out.

But that's just me.  The location and outside of the house? Fabulous!  In a heartbeat!  Maybe a nice big tent?  LOL!!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Ha, @Sooner, one woman's clutter could be another's "curated collection".   The level of objects in this house doesn't disturb me, but I do have a limit too-- there has to be a bit more "hoarder-esque" vibe for me to yell  "halt"!

Honored Contributor

It's a great house but not what comes to my mind when I hear "Nantucket House".

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

No, no, no for me!  I wouldn't want to live in that cluttered messy (to me) looking space with stuff that needs to be repainted or thrown out.

But that's just me.  The location and outside of the house? Fabulous!  In a heartbeat!  Maybe a nice big tent?  LOL!!!

@Sooner Yeah, that's what I was thinking too....  There were some cool things in there, but also stuff that looked like junk to me.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead