Respected Contributor

Re: A tiny kitchen with a big presence

That rug on that patterned floor - yuck!

Honored Contributor

@stevieb Wow!  How did you find that?!  I can see part of that room from the earlier picture you found that showed the rest of the kitchen.  Weirdly, to my eye, it's kind of a shock.  First of all, the style looks very different than what I would have expected based on the kitchen pics.  And secondly, the decor seems incongruous with the wall treatment (mural.)

(And is that a giant graffiti apple on the floor?)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon... When I went searching for more pictures of the kitchen, I came across pictures of the entire house and forgot I'd saved some of them. Perhaps I'lll post some more later. I agree, the breakfast room is a bit of a let down from the kitchen, though you can see they share some common factors.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

The overall size doesn't bother me one bit as I have what some people would consider a small kitchen myself. And personally prefer it to one that takes 5 minutes to walk from one end to the other!

That being said, it looks like things weren't thought out well if someone is cooking in this space. The stove placement and the open shelves & window (and flower arrangements) right there are gonna get coated in grease, food, etc. splatters from everyday cooking. The vent is too high to catch anything worthwhile.

The toaster & microwave are not usable unless you have 8 foot long arms (I jest-kinda) to reach across the counter & into the nooks where they are. Or are they pulled out every time you need them? Not efficient at all! And the counter next to those appliances is totally useless and not utilized. The sink is just "thrown" on the random counter space left to use which should in my opinion be a solid flat surface for prep or eating w the stools. All totally random to me in placement of everything!!

I couldn't even look past that to see the overall style & color pallette. It just needs to be properly redone to suit someone who actually cooks (if they do) which is totally doable, even in smaller spaces!