Honored Contributor

Here is a picture featured on the cover of a recent Ballard Designs catalogue.

9D6AC294-D156-4D76-AC12-AA84E94716B6.jpeg

I like the prints used here.

A discussion @Snowpuppy on the forum today asks for opinions of bench seating and that is understandable.

I love the "look" here, but unsure about the comfort factor.

I even like the graphics on the wall!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: A room I like ... do you?

@LTT1 there's an actual picture this time.   LOL  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Not a fan at all, but if you like it, that is cool!!  You do you !!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

WAY too busy for me, but I do tend to go for more of a stark look, so that's on me.    Usually, a variety of patterns in the same scenario tend to overwhelm me.

I kinda like the lamp and the table.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I like the area, but -

I don't like the botanical print.  I don't like the wall paper and the fabric choice for the chairs. 

As far as the banquette, at least there are cushions.  I'm not sure how comfortable it would be.  I think for a quick breakfast or somewhere for the kids to eat, it would be okay.

Esteemed Contributor

The ONLY thing I like in that room are the two pieces of framed art on the right, fruit, if my eyes are not deceiving me.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Do like the feel of it.  At least there is a wall which allows leaning back for a moment, but then the wallpaper would likely suffer.  

Perhaps it is just the angle, but the light fixture looks a bit oversized, ‘off’ a bit to me.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Bri369 

Wonders never cease, right?

Honored Contributor

@Drythe @Puppy Lips @Bri369 @chickenbutt @redwingsgal 

Appsrently that table (Andrews table) has been a popular choice in the past. It comes in at least 3 finishes.

On second glance, the wall paper bugs me...maybe the actual print appeals to me, but not the color. At any rate, I'd choose painted walls. The botanic graphic is probably not my taste.

i do like the print of the chairs...at least in pictures.

Love the airiness of the light fixture, but agree it is too big for the space.

I purchased the bench last year .... during a 50% off and no shipping. Although I love looking at my bench, it so far has only been used for decorative purposes.  Reviews pointed out that the rush woven top frays over time with use.  Also, the legs seem rather fragile...not sturdy. If I had a need, I'd purchase the same "look" but a more solid piece or pieces.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes!  It looks very friendly, and the colors are really good.  It's eclectic but balanced - lines, weight, proportion thought through.

Stick a pillow behind the back and you're fine on the bench.  Rooms are meant to be worn, not exhibited.  The wall paper will survive too. No slouching, unless you lie down with your feet to the window or to the outside of the room.

Cogito ergo sum