Honored Contributor

A "new" use for my Supercloth

I was using my Supercloth yesterday, dusting the furniture in my home. I noticed that my kitty (who isn't supposed to be on the furniture, but has staked out one spot on the sofa to lounge away the afternoons) had left hair on the sofa in the living room once again.

I usually get a lint roller or the vacuum out to clean it up, but as I stood there with a damp Supercloth in my hand, I decided to see if it might work like a lint brush. 

I started wiping across the seat cushion in short, firm strokes, and indeed, the hair bunched up and was easy to remove.

So, now, when kitty hair is a problem on upholstered surfaces, I can whisk it up in a jiffy, without running for another gadget! 

Success might depend on the coarseness of pet hair, the kind of fabric, and how much hair needs removed. This was just a small section, and it is cleaned every day, but thought I'd pass along another use for Supercloth (no, although it may seem I work for the company, I do indeed, not!)

Respected Contributor

Re: A "new" use for my Supercloth

I love my Supercloth!!!  I can't believe Q doesn't still sell them, it's been one of my all-time favorite purchases. Ever!

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

An old, past it's prime, damp sponge works really good too on the cat fur and upholstered furniture!

I think I wipe away a whole other kitty!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@RedConvertibleGirl wrote:

I love my Supercloth!!!  I can't believe Q doesn't still sell them, it's been one of my all-time favorite purchases. Ever!

@RainyDayGal

They have finally come back it stock after a very long absence. The new ones are a set of three, but this time, each has a different color of writing on them, which is nice to keep certain ones for certain jobs.

They are a little thinner than the ones from many years ago, but still seem to perform the same.

Valued Contributor

I love my super cloth but it does say not to use it on fabric.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I was using my Supercloth yesterday, dusting the furniture in my home. I noticed that my kitty (who isn't supposed to be on the furniture, but has staked out one spot on the sofa to lounge away the afternoons) had left hair on the sofa in the living room once again.

I usually get a lint roller or the vacuum out to clean it up, but as I stood there with a damp Supercloth in my hand, I decided to see if it might work like a lint brush. 

I started wiping across the seat cushion in short, firm strokes, and indeed, the hair bunched up and was easy to remove.

So, now, when kitty hair is a problem on upholstered surfaces, I can whisk it up in a jiffy, without running for another gadget! 

Success might depend on the coarseness of pet hair, the kind of fabric, and how much hair needs removed. This was just a small section, and it is cleaned every day, but thought I'd pass along another use for Supercloth (no, although it may seem I work for the company, I do indeed, not!)

Oh you don't need a special Supercloth to do that! I get rid of cat hair by just dampening a washcloth and going over it. Walla the hair is removed! I've had cats for 38 years and have done this. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

I cut one of mine into fourths and us them for my glasses and phone.  I usually wash my glasses with soap and then dry them with a damp supercloth.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

@BaileyBop wrote:

I love my super cloth but it does say not to use it on fabric.

Thanks for that! I don't have my instructions any more, and before I did it, I wondered if there would be any 'transfer' of color (as the Supercloth is very dark) to the sofa, but it is very light, and I didn't see any transfer.

Probably not something I will do on a daily basis, but was a real quick fix as I was right there and had the cloth in my hand. I didn't have to run for something else. 

The best part was that I didn't have a whole bunch of cat hair sticking to the cloth, it just kind of pulled it up and I could pick it off of the fabric. So I didn't have to run and rinse out the cloth right away either. 

May sound lazy, but I have a really bad knee, and recently some problems with my heel on the same side, and every move I make involves pain. Both are requiring surgery it seems, and I'm considering my options. In the meantime, every step I take most days is a very thought out and calculated decision. So having something like a Supercloth to be able to now go from the wood coffee table to the mirror, to the metal baseboard heating unit, to the cat hair on the sofa, all without a ton of product and 'things' to haul around, and with minimal rinsing out, is a life saver for me right now, as I want to continue to keep the house as clean as I am used to.