Esteemed Contributor

Re: A blast from the past... a Waterbed!

I had a water bed we got one that didn’t have full motion. It was warm in the winter. When your partner got out of bed it was a bit floppy. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

kitties vs. waterbeds, LOL:

Respected Contributor

I happen to be an ole flower girl from the sixties & waterbeds were the norm & not the exception.  My son was conceived on a waterbed...’nuff said!!  

Esteemed Contributor

Blast from the past is right! My ex and I had one for less than a year in the 80s. We were in our 30s, but getting out of that thing wasn't the easiest. I think we finally got rid of it when we were getting ready to move. During the process of emptying all the water, we both admitted that we really wanted a "regular" mattress!

Frequent Contributor

I’ve had a waveless waterbed for 30 yrs., had to replace the liner one time.  Most comfortable bed I’ve ever slept on, cozy in the winter and cool in the summer!

Honored Contributor

I had a waterbed mattress that didn't move. It helped my poor back when I was pregnant which was like a long time ago lol. Before that I had one that moved yet I still liked it. I had another bed I could sleep on at the time as well.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

We had a waterbed for many years. I went through 3 pregnancies with mine. It kept us nice and warm on the cold winter nights. The only reason we switched to a regular bed is because my husband got cancer, his back was broken and he could no longer get in and out of the waterbed. That was 11 years ago and we bought our bed in the early 80's too. We had it about 25 years. We loved ours.

Esteemed Contributor

@J Town Girl 

Funny you should mention this.

My husband and I talked about water beds the other evening.  While neither of us had one, I had slept on one in the past and gotten "seasick" from the movement Cat LOL

I can remember people talking about having one that sprung a leak!

Seems to me they were seen as somewhat risque to have!  Swinging single type of vibe Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had one.  I loved it.  I remember pouring that little bottle of solution in once a month.  LOL

Respected Contributor

Never owned one but I tried sleeping on one and got motion sickness, LOL!