Respected Contributor

Re: A RAID ON BIG LOTS, CANDLES ETC.u

@bonnie f wrote:

update from earlier on them building a big lots real close to me...well i went yesterday, and i really like it!  i spent almost 100.00 and it  will be my go to store for everything. Love it! I was going to go back today lol but i cant, i will just spend more money...

Love Big Lots candles. Much more economical than those overpriced Slatkin candles.

Trusted Contributor

Re: A RAID ON BIG LOTS, CANDLES ETC.

I've recently discovered Big Lots and really like it. They seem to have many different things from the other stores but I do find it to be hit or miss. But during the holidays they really go all out and you can get some great bargains. 

Respected Contributor

I am boycotting Slatkin candles. Must have saved hundreds of dollars purchasing candles at Big Lots.
Honored Contributor

As always, Oznell, I enjoy your buys at Big Lots!  I do go to this store around the holidays because there are always surprises at a great price.  The candles and pitcher are very appealing!

Years a go I bought a light up Charlie Brown in a costume at Halloween from Big Lots.  It is now standing on a table in my living room as part of my fall decor!  

Your post has given me motivation to pay a visit to the Big Lots store in my area !!!  Enjoy your buys!

Honored Contributor

@spiderw,  interestingly, this is a thread from early summer that someone 'refreshed',  but the pitchers I found back then still seem to be in stock at Big Lots.  At least, except the Fresh Roasted Coffee candle.  It sold out immediately, and even though I've been back several times, they don't seem to have it back in stock.  I loved that coffee scent!

Super Contributor

I just checked the Big Lots website and the coffee candle shows available there, and it's on sale for $5.99!  

We have BL in town and I always enjoy going there.  I LOVE their medium weight shower curtain liners, so I always grab some when I see them in stock.  That's what I just went in for, sadly they were out, but I did come home with $20 worth of snacks!  Not that I needed the snacks, but sometimes I like to treat myself!

I've seen your posts before and picked up several items based on your recommendations, so thank you @Oznell 

~~Keep calm and hug your pets~~
Honored Contributor

I think the stores you recommend for these great buys should give you a commission!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Wow, @Catlady Nicole ,  thanks for the alert.  That is great to know the candle is still on the website!  It is so yummy and would be a good fall scent.   Yes, we usually have to leave with a few snacks in tow as well.  Their various popcorns, and hubby MUST have some of their exotic dried fruit...

@spiderw,  that would be nice, ha!  But no go, since then I doubt they'd want the occasional bad review that might come their way from me.  Some of these retailers need some tough love in the form of a scathing "pan".....

Respected Contributor

Sadly many continued to be duped by Harry Slatkin and pay overinflated prices for candles.