Honored Contributor

Re: A Pretty Bedroom

[ Edited ]

@jubilant 

I usually dont like neutrals but I DO like this room very much....Woman Very Happy  

But I can't help but giggle seeing that sign....it reminds me of the Progressive "Dr. Rick" commercials ("don't be like your parents"....) when he makes the woman throw the "word art" away....😄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

To anyone who is interested: I just got an email saying Chip and Joanna Gaines have given $100,000 to help the people in Texas with immediate needs.  If you want to add to that you can by going to their website and donate. 

@jubilant ,  I'm kind of over Joanna's decorating style, but applaud their charitable donation. While some people use the term despicable for those they don't agree with, I think we should be thankful for the generosity shown by others @ellaphant 

Honored Contributor

Re: A Pretty Bedroom

[ Edited ]

@AuntG wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

To anyone who is interested: I just got an email saying Chip and Joanna Gaines have given $100,000 to help the people in Texas with immediate needs.  If you want to add to that you can by going to their website and donate. 

@jubilant ,  I'm kind of over Joanna's decorating style, but applaud their charitable donation. While some people use the term despicable for those they don't agree with, I think we should be thankful for the generosity shown by others @ellaphant 

Yes, I agree.  We are all fellow Americans and I am always glad to see people, no matter who they are, rally around to help each other. 

I do think most of us tire of some decorators now and then.  I used to really like Candace Olsen (years ago). My tastes have changed and I got tired of too many glass chandeliers!   That's what's fun about posting on the home thread. We can hear how others would make it their own, or hate it, or love it!  I do love the farmhouse look but then I live in farmland Indiana!  When I was a young girl, I dreamed of French Provincial!!!! 

Honored Contributor

It's light and bright and airy, but boring.

Honored Contributor

Please stop with the barn door. Yes, really pretty white sheer curtains are needed over the shades that are up. 

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I love it.  Well, not the sign over the bed.  I wish I knew what the paint is.  I'd love that in a bedroom.

Honored Contributor

Wouldn't change a thing..soothing, pleasant, and pretty.

Respected Contributor

I think it's a pretty bedroom.  I like barn doors, but they're expensive and a trend.

I don't do trends at all in anything.

Honored Contributor

lovely

Respected Contributor

Love this very pretty & restful bedroom.  The soft colors are so nice.  Instead of the sign, I'd replace with probably a scenic or seabird portrait.  I would replace the ruffled bedspread & get a bit more colorful one.  The area rug's a tad too busy & I'd replace at some point.  

Thanks again for sharing.