Honored Contributor

Re: A Pretty Bedroom

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

Too bland and boring.  I'm really tired of rooms done in all neutrals.  Total lack of creativity. 

I get what your saying. Until recently I felt the same way.  What changed my mind is being able to add any color I want and change it to whatever color I want for very little cost.  I always add a bit more color. Now it's just a matter of adding one or two pillows with color by way of flowers, vases, jars....things I can pick up for cheap (at an antique shop for example).  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

To anyone who is interested: I just got an email saying Chip and Joanna Gaines have given $100,000 to help the people in Texas with immediate needs.  If you want to add to that you can by going to their website and donate. 

Honored Contributor

I love the room except I think the barn door is horrible.  I'm not wild about the ceiling but it's not awful.

I love that it has no curtains, which I dislike as well, and not a lot of art on the walls.  We had a lot of original art on our previous home, and only three pieces hung here and I like it plain and simple walls.

I am most comfortable with rooms like this that do not have a lot of color or stuff.  I find that shading and texture are more interesting to me and soothing. 

Esteemed Contributor

So pretty..... I love it 🥰

Honored Contributor

I think it's a lovely room, even the Roman shades on the windows.  They give a neat, clean look.  The only things I'd change would be the artwork and the wooden ceiling.  I'd either replace that or paint it.  It would be too much like looking at the floor the way it is.

Esteemed Contributor

I like most everything in the room except..........get rid of the picture and I would need more color in the bedding,  curtains on the windows, they look unfinished, and nix the barn doors.  I don't mind them, but I know they will probably fade away.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Attractive in its way but too many strikes against it to really be for me.  I don't mind the occasional all neutral room when it exudes a bit of warmth and character, which this one does. First, the trite signage most definitely needs to go. I'm not loving the wood ceiling though it does work nicely in the space and while I can occasionally like a barn door, this one simply doesn't belong. I'd also prefer something other than shades at the windows for more of a finished look.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@jubilant 

LOVE, love the softness of this room!  The wall color is beautiful!  

Honored Contributor

I really like the whole room but the sign is not a big hit for me.  It really does not need anything there.  I much prefer simple and this room is that with an abundance of style.  Adore the ceiling and barn door.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Love the whole room, but my favorite part is the ceiling, with the slim moulding separating it from the soffit.  (I'm a fan of soffits -- they always add coziness.)