Honored Contributor

Re: A Nice Blend Of Country And Modern...Or Not?

I like it but I would have chosen blue over the green.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

@just bee   Yes, those are rabbits.  I think that pull down shade is the cutest.  I also love that sink.  Speaking of rabbits, we have a woods behind our home and 5 rabbits living under our deck.  The little ones are especially cute and I imagine under our deck is a lot safer for them than the woods.  We get a big kick out of watching them out in the yard every day.  

@jubilant 

Best Rabbit GIFs | Gfycat

I do like rabbits.

Rabbit Gif - GIFcen

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

Those bunnies are the cutest.  Guaranteed to make you smile.

Honored Contributor

I think the kitchen is lovely and I already have the white pitcher near the sink and a lot of the Emma Bridgwater from England.  I love the simplicity of it!  

The granite counter and the stone floor is wonderful.

I don't see one thing that is modern here except electricity and running water. . . 

Honored Contributor

Just noted the sitting area. Other than the sage paneling, which has a sort of primitive look, not nearly as enamored of the sitting room as I am of the kitchen... It's not dreadful but those billowing white slipcovers just don't do it for me, nor do the table, the pillows or the oversized letter.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Just noted the sitting area. Other than the sage paneling, which has a sort of primitive look, not nearly as enamored of the sitting room as I am of the kitchen... It's not dreadful but those billowing white slipcovers just don't do it for me, nor do the table, the pillows or the oversized letter.

@stevieb 

I thought the oversized letter was the grade. Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I don't know if it's titled correctly, but I like the space.

Contributor

The kitchen and the living room in the first picture are just about perfect for me even though I'm not a fan of galley kitchens. It is such a warm cozy place. The bottom cabinets are a beautiful green color. So nice to see color in cabinets instead of all white.
Esteemed Contributor

Both rooms are not for me.  I'm seeing very little, if any, "modern" and I've never been a fan of the country look.  I don't care for the color or the open shelving in the kitchen.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I like this. But I am one of 'those' that can't stand this two color cabinet thing going on in kitchens. I love both colors here, but pick just one for the cabinets, and accent with the other somehow in the decor. These two color cabinet kitchens always look to me like someone ran out of money during their remodel, and didn't finish it.