Honored Contributor

Re: A Mixture of Periods...

[ Edited ]

Have to say that seeing 'the rest' of the room makes me like it more. This is not a design scheme I would normally embrace and the upholstered pieces are far too modern an aesthetic for me to have chosen, but overall. I like the way the room looks and it does seem to offer a measure of calm and simplicity. Still, I maintain there's nothing 'Country French' (modern or otherwise) about it...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb Agree with your comments on the new pic.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb   Perhaps one of the big leather chairs can go at an angle looking toward the sofa.  The that decorated loves a lot of furniture in a room.  lol

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Re: A Mixture of Periods... (New Pic Added)

@stevieb 

Hmm, I don't see anything French here.

Personally, I like the sofa (although not practical), windows & french doors. (maybe this is the french they're referring to??)

Thanks for sharing.

Valued Contributor

If this were designated as a Sitting Room, it might be acceptable. Even then, there's nothing that reads "French" about it. It's uninspiring and empty to me. The black accessories/rug are the only things holding the room together. 

Honored Contributor

I keep coming back to this thread to read the new comments and each time I take another look at the picture.  I think the room definitely needs some taller pieces of furniture and bolder artwork to balance out the undressed witndows (which I generally love; but don't look right in this room.)  This room is bottom heavy.

Super Contributor

To me, it's one of those rooms you just walk through to get somewhere else!  There's nothing there that makes me want to sit down and stay.

Man plans. God laughs.
Honored Contributor

If they want that room to be french then they better put some Can Can girls in there quick, nothing about it says France.

Can-can (okay, not bellydance, but the same prestige!) | Vintage burlesque,  Girl dancers, Vintage ladies

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just because someone posts room photos doesn't mean that they like them.  Who knows, negative comments might actually be in agreement and welcomed?  Around here this room would be labeled MCM, Mid Century Modern.  

Honored Contributor

I'm not seeing mid century modern.  The couches would be a stretch, but nothing else in the room remotely looks like MCM.