Honored Contributor

A MAGICAL HOUSE AND GARDEN IN TANGIER

Wild!  Quintessence does it again.  This time Susanna Salk gets to fly to Morocco, and visit Nicolo Castellini Baldiserra.  He's an Italian designer based in England, I gather, until he acquired this place in Tangier.  It's the kind of house you have to experience on video-- as he and Susanna move through those gorgeous, boldly colored spaces, you're hit with the charming fantasy and exoticism of those rooms.

As fall is closing in, and starting to whip us around (at least some of us!) with winds and rainy mists, I thought we deserved an escape to a lush, colorful, Mediterranean climate oasis...

When he describes one of the walls as perhaps peacock blue, I'm not sure I see it as peacock exactly, but it's heavenly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=sZYYRk95f70

Respected Contributor

Re: A MAGICAL HOUSE AND GARDEN IN TANGIER

I like every thing except the huge stripped walls.

I think it's over done.

The plants give it a fresh look.

Honored Contributor

I do like the area in the picture shown,  it is a cozy nook.  I also love the different colors on the walls, so pretty and appealing.  I like the art on the walls, I am a fan of art work throughout rooms.  In general I do like the home and many of its furnishings and decor but it isn't all my taste or style.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, it's not my style either, @spiderw, although like you I find some elements appealing. 

Morocco with its mystery and ancient lore, has always held a fascination for me, as it has for so many Westerners.  It's interesting how many English writers and artists have migrated there, even some famous "bohemian" Americans.

I find the use of color there so stimulating, as it often is in hotter climes.  People can go wilder with color there, I think, because of the strong sun.  It's quite intoxicating!

Esteemed Contributor

I see no comfort here. Not for me. 

Respected Contributor

It's nice but I'm not wow'd by it.  Would like to see more of the place though. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing