Esteemed Contributor

That is way too much deep green.  Not a room I would even want to enter.

Honored Contributor

@froggy,  it's called "Hollyhock" by Lee Jofa, a real favorite with designers.  I think it comes in both a cotton chintz and a linen, but not sure.  You can see it used on a couch in a room designed by Mark Sikes:

living-room-mark-sikes.jpg

Honored Contributor

My favorite here is the green library, but my ultimate favorite was a picture of a small, Brisbane, Australia home library--  which for some reason I could not post!  I tried all different ways and it would not work, rats.

It was by designer Keeley Green, in a project called "The Old Vicarage",  I think, and was small, with a fireplace and the most dreamy, hazy, mid-blue walls, traditional furniture and a lovely oil painting.  It was intimate and charming, without being too crowded or anything.  If I ever find a way to post, I'll add it on!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell The green library is my favorite also. Normally I don't like dark colors on a wall but here there seems to be enough light.  I would grab a book and curl up on that sofa by the big window.

Trusted Contributor

I love the green.  It's gives a feel of being outdoors and also of comfort.  I like the look of the nook, but know I would never use a small table like that.  I'm not going to use a desk at home at all.  

Honored Contributor

The first green library has to be the ugliest thing I have ever seen. I would need to throw up if that was in my house.

I like the 3rd one since it's the only one that's light & bright besides the last one which is nice but too small.

Most home libraries are dark. I don't do dark rooms.

Respected Contributor

@Oznell   Is this the one?

The Old Vicarage - Traditional - Home Office - Brisbane - by Keeley Green  Interior Design

Esteemed Contributor

I can't stand clutter and those tables with the print cloths and lamps would distract me to no end.  Don't care for the green either.  If that was wood under that paint, it would suit me better and I wouldn't have painted it.

The rest of the pics are okay except don't like the red chair and carpets in the first one.  Don't like the furniture in the third one.

Honored Contributor

@alliswell,  you found it!   And you were able to post, yay. Thank you so much for kindly taking the time to do that! 

I love it-- and I had forgotten that, not the least of its charms, is the endearingly quirky, many-sided, odd shape of the room....  Would love to curl up in that wing chair.

Esteemed Contributor

That green ne is a no. The others are nice.