Honored Contributor

A FEW "PREMATURE" FALL LIVING ROOMS

[ Edited ]

Enjoying summer, but fall images are creeping in!

(edited to number the images)

1)  Tartan, a hedgehog, and a knit ottoman--  neat.

Fall-Inspiring-Living-Room-Designs-06-1-Kindesign.jpg

I like just a whisper of fall, generally, in foliage and a few colors sprinkled into regular decor...

If you don't mind jumping the gun, ha, here are a few rooms that bring in the "crisper" season...

Hmm.  I liked the unexpected use of white foliage and a white pitcher.   The room still looks "fall" to me-- if you enlarge it, note that they used wood cutting boards on coffee table, and nuts and fruit, it looks like.   Wood seems autumnal.   Layered rugs also suggest the cozy season.

2)

fall-decorating-ideas-screen-shot-2020-04-30-at-7-27-46-pm-1626291450.jpg

The brown glass lamps, and burlap-y shades really set the stage.  Black wrought iron lantern, love.

3)

Fall-Inspiring-Living-Room-Designs-23-1-Kindesign.jpg

Really subtle touches, like the tartan plaid blanket on couch.   Mixing metallics always seems rustic and "fall" to me.  Love the silvery ice bucket robustly mixed with the gold artichokes.  I also like to mix pewter and copper in fall.

4)

Fall-Inspiring-Living-Room-Designs-09-1-Kindesign.jpg

If you have wood walls, you're half way there!  I like the welcoming bowl of apples, and the russet pillow on bench.

5)

rustic-decor-shintaffer-bjornhem-0134-1609884546.jpg

The single gold pillow and the iron hurricane and sconces are enough to suggest fall to me!  And I like the little white owl on the coffee table--  owls are year-round, but very effective as the days grow shorter...

6)

Fall-Inspiring-Living-Room-Designs-24-1-Kindesign.jpg

Dual-colored magnolia leaves, nice touch.   I don't know why leather bound books give a fall feeling-- I guess b/c it's a rich look.  I like the brass sconce, painting, and leather rocker too.

7)

hbx080116stewart02.jpg

Stacked stone fireplace makes me think of Fifties' rustic/modern design.   I like the autumnal pillows, and the leaf design fire guard:

8)

Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 5.44.50 PM.png

Layered mirrors, a white rooster, oversize hurricane in bowl with seasonal greenery.   Do you like the way the burgundy foliage is picked up in the pillow colors?

9)

Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 5.42.17 PM.png

Orange, brown and green, punctuated by the black of the metal pendants and the fire surround and door frame.  I like this combination.

10)

Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 6.16.20 PM.png

I just love the landscape and tiny portrait of a woman above the mantel in image below--  they bring such charm to the room.  Pumpkins make their entrance in a row of tiny ones on the mantel. 

The rich orange pillow and throw also establish the season, and the terra cotta urns with branches on the mantel bring more of that earthy fall feeling...

11)

Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 5.40.59 PM.png

Super Contributor

Re: A FEW "PREMATURE" FALL LIVING ROOMS

Love the slip covered sofas.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love that this whispers rather than screams "fall."

The living room with a roaring fire in the gorgeous stone fireplace, white couches, light colored wood table and unexpected white accessories were warm and inviting.

The furniture, especially the chairs covered in paisley fabric and accents were lovely. The leather rocker was unexpected and eye catching. Loved the orange ottoman in the second to last picture. 

I would make a few minor changes, omitting the cheetah pillows and cow (?) rug. Other than that, this is charming.

Thank you Oznell!

Honored Contributor

Not premature at all. I can't wait for this blistering summer to segue into fall. It's gone on long enough and around here, it'll probably be around for a while yet. I very much like several of these rooms. Wish they were numbered, but while I like elements of most of them, I believe it was the 3rd that I especially liked.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Oznell    Great fall decor.  Let the cozy season begin.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell - they are all very nice, but my favorite is the third picture.

I'm ready for Fall!!

Honored Contributor

So very beautiful, because of the "flow', but I am a winter-summer girl.

Fall's colors rob my light.  That is how I feel.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I really like the first 2 and don't think I'd change a thing in them except the white, round paper looking light in the 2nd one. 

I also have a fall hedgehog😊🦔🍂

🍁

Love the pretty yellow flowers and lemon yellow colors in #6.

Thanks for these fall looks @Oznell.!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

All such beautiful rooms.  I love everything about fall, starting with the colors.  

Respected Contributor

I also like the first two rooms.