Honored Contributor

Re: A FEW THANKSGIVING TABLES, ODDS AND ENDS

I love the way the mums light up that living room, @alliswell .  Fall florals are my favorite way to decorate for the season.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

These are all so lovely.  Not one that I could not enjoy using for my own decor or visiting one for Thanksgiving lunch, dinner or anytime Autumn. 

There was not one single one that said "I just got off the boat from the Far East."  All the designs looked pure and pulled from one's own garden, pantry, closet or collection.  All in all, the best and purest. 

I tire of all the junk sold in the big box and craft stores that comes from countries that do not endorse democracy or our way of life and enslave its children in order to provide for our consumption. 

I will thnk about that when putting out my Thanksgiving decor or all the Christmas trees purchased for celebrating the holidays we have for freedom from tyranny and freedom to celebrate our Savior, how much more lovely this looks than all the glitz and glitter from consumerland.

Honored Contributor

I appreciate your discerning comments, @Nonametoday !

Honored Contributor

The table with the profusion of mums is a beautiful vignette, though I've never felt mums inside have much staying power.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

What beautiful pictures, filled with such lovely decor, art work, floral arrangements, table settings, everything so appealing!!!!!!  It is always enjoyable to see different Thanksgiving decorations whether there is much or little.  I just love autumn and the good feeling I have during this season!!!  Thanks for the great photos, Oznell.  

Respected Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Oznell  Number 4 looks so inviting with it's muted colors and the terrine in the middle. I always think Thanksgiving food is kind of monochromatic, with the occasional pop of red cranberries or green beans. This table would compliment a traditional meal quite well. My main issue with decorating a holiday table is I have to take all the decorations off before placing the food on the table. As it is, some of the food is relegated to the sideboard.

@PA Mom-mom Could you just serve buffet-style? Then you wouldn't have to "un-decorate" your lovely table. We always found it to be faster getting plates filled that way, too.

Esteemed Contributor

@vermint wrote:

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Oznell  Number 4 looks so inviting with it's muted colors and the terrine in the middle. I always think Thanksgiving food is kind of monochromatic, with the occasional pop of red cranberries or green beans. This table would compliment a traditional meal quite well. My main issue with decorating a holiday table is I have to take all the decorations off before placing the food on the table. As it is, some of the food is relegated to the sideboard.

@PA Mom-mom Could you just serve buffet-style? Then you wouldn't have to "un-decorate" your lovely table. We always found it to be faster getting plates filled that way, too.

@vermint  I wish! Not enough room on the buffet, even with side tables. Also, my very traditional brother and children are sticklers for passing the food around the table. 

Respected Contributor

@PA Mom-mom I always cleared my kitchen counters and used them, along with the kitchen table and island--I'm blessed to have that space. But I understand perfectly about the traditional sticklers! My FIL was a bit of a stickler about some traditions--just not that one, thankfully.