Honored Contributor

Re: A FEW THANKSGIVING TABLES, ODDS AND ENDS

I LOVE..... tablescapes!! My fave are the turkey niknaks under the glass domes. but I love it all. Colors, textures everything!!!

Honored Contributor

Beautiful!

Wouldn't mind looking at this everyday during the Fall season.

Via-That-Inspired-Girl3.jpg

Super Contributor

No I think this was done by people who do alot of entertaining. I have done some of this myself. Some people do this in their everyday life. I have a friend who decorate and set her table for every season. I like it as well for myself, it changes your mood and after all the things going on it is relaxing to eat at a well set table.

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell, Thank you for all these lovely pictures.  Actually, many could be the “bones” of other seasonal displays with appropriate accents.  

You might find find it interesting that I live not far from the original Hitchcock factory where lovely chairs and furniture was produced for such a long time in our history.  Sadly, the factory closed.  There have been some small attempts to bring very limited manufacturing back.  Most people don’t realize how complicated the stenciling process is for this furniture.  It is done with a varnish base and metallic powders.

We do have some Hitchcock in our home, but our dining room chairs are the bowbacks shown at the long table scene.  They were produced by hand and will be family heirlooms.  But not yet!

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell  Number 4 looks so inviting with it's muted colors and the terrine in the middle. I always think Thanksgiving food is kind of monochromatic, with the occasional pop of red cranberries or green beans. This table would compliment a traditional meal quite well. My main issue with decorating a holiday table is I have to take all the decorations off before placing the food on the table. As it is, some of the food is relegated to the sideboard.

Honored Contributor

@DREAMON,  that teal-ish chair made my list too...

@ECBG,  lunch there plus decorating talkety-talk, oh yes!

@jubilant ,  that Delft vase you got was such a good purchase.  Inspired by the blue and white photo with orange florals, I dug out my tall blue and white ginger jar for the coffee table.  I had rotated it out of the room after spring, but now I love the color with fall tones...

@PamfromCT,  that is very interesting about the methods for producing Hitchcock chairs--  I never knew that.  I'm not surprised you have them in your house, along with your other wonderful finds. 

Honored Contributor

I really enjoyed viewing all of them.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

Seriously, you and I would get into SO much trouble together!

Hot Stuff the little devil by HalloranIllustration on DeviantArt

Honored Contributor

Some appealing tables and some interesting tables but my main take away is just to reaffirm what I've known all along: I have no use for southwest decor in pretty much any incarnation.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Inspirational-Lane1.jpg

My favorite.