Honored Contributor

A FEW THANKSGIVING TABLES, ODDS AND ENDS

theelegantway.com_.jpg

I like to browse Thanksgiving tablescapes, even though my table tends not to be overly "themed" for Thanksgiving.

Fun to check others out.

1)  A tableside fireplace is certainly a plus!

a4408c82-84e7-4559-b759-3be4621b99d0-1660759720.jpeg

A turkey figurine is one animal or bird that I don't have.   This one is cute and festive, on its jadeite pedestal, and protected by a glass cloche...

2)

Farmhouse-Thanksgiving-Decor-houseofhawthornes.jpg

Simple autumnal dried flowers on a kitchen work table, nice touch of the season.  Leather-look "stitched" vase is interesting.

3)

thanksgiving-centerpieces-dried-florals-1626116723.png

Love traditional brown transferware china on a long table, and the casual mix of Windsor chairs with Hitchcock chairs--  no need to be overly formal at this communal feast!

4)

Farmhouse-Thanksgiving-Decor-mycreatedcottage.jpg

But this intimate meal is just for two, and just as atmospheric.   It also doesn't scream Thanksgiving (although it is).   The burnt orange candles, bowl of apples, and appetizer board of grapes and cheese, make waiting for turkey a fun "bistro" like experience.

5) 

Screen Shot 2022-11-08 at 2.22.12 PM.png

Another item that isn't necessarily "Thanksgiving",  is this wicker hurricane, but the chunky texture is so "fall"-- would make a great centerpiece.

6)

1626109105-thanksgiving-centerpieces-1626109088.png

But anything can be a centerpiece, including beautiful blue and white Canton ware--  doesn't that blue look great, sparking off the flaming autumn tones of leaves, florals and candles?

7)

1636383453714.jpeg

But the neat thing is that you can go with what you have, for just as striking a centerpiece.   What could be more simple or effective than a weathered terra cotta saucer, with a glass candlestick inside,  and surrounded by leaves?

8) 

thanksgiving-centerpieces-shoppe-1597114492.png

A southwestern Thanksgiving table with cacti for a regional twist.   So many Indian and Mexican blankets can bring rich fall tones.

9)

1472144278-hbx090116tablescape01.jpg

Another unusual display--  antique sideboard with oversize cloches over fall blooms and berries--  striking!

10)

thanksgiving-centerpiece-cloche-1597376192.png

This is so sweet--  the rustic wood slice, with traditional teapot and brass pheasants,  plaid tablecloth--  love!

11)

1542303089365.jpeg

Very striking mix.  Why do animals of all kinds, seem so compatible with Thanksgiving?

12)

Thanksgiving-Dinner-Decor-Ideas.-Via-86-Vintage-Home..jpg

I like the way the tawny woodland-themed china below, plays off the unusual color scheme of purple and blue!   Do you normally prefer traditional colors at the holidays, or "departures"?

13)

1636383457911.jpeg

Cindy Hattersley always does something interesting and natural.  Her use of these weathered, vintage wicker bottles, reminds me of the woodsy effect of the rattan hurricane a few images back.   Love the equestrian-themed china, which I think is Wedgwood.

14) 

wicker-bottle-tablescape-by-cindy-hattersley-2048x1334.jpg

And if you decide to take your after-dinner coffee away from the table to the living room, it's nice to have a complementary feeling there, with seasonal bouquets and candles...

15)

Inspirational-Lane1.jpg

If I were lucky enough to have "eat-outside" weather in late November, it'd be hard to tear myself away from this table.  The huge glass bottles filled with leaves, and abundant apples, are all the 'decor' that's needed.

16)

thanksgiving-centerpieces-2175501-fallh18-m-web-1597271644.jpg

Via-That-Inspired-Girl3.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: A FEW THANKSGIVING TABLES, ODDS AND ENDS

I enjoyed looking at it all @Oznell !

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Just lovely, @Oznell.  By the time I got to the last photo, with the elegant white picket fence and the blazing leaves, I could only sigh.  How I love fall...

Honored Contributor

I want a seat at that welcoming table next to the fireplace...LOVE IT!

I also love the beautiful  table in the outdoors..I request that pretty tealish blue comfortable chair at the end of the table. 

Esteemed Contributor

Beautiful pics...........thank you!!

Honored Contributor

very lovely, and not overdone! Thanks for posting!

Honored Contributor

Looks like all done by decoraters.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

My favorite autumn table is anchored by Spode's Woodland pattern. I think I spotted it in one of the photos. I do not know how to post photos. I like it better than their classic Christmas Tree. It can be used from September through Thanksgiving.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell   All so lovely.  I love Fall. I put tall leaves in my large Delft vase.  It looks a lot like the one in your picture. It sets on a hall tree shelf with a long mirror and it's just so pretty. Really some great ideas here!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

Thank you so very much for all of the creative beauty!

Let's meet here for a "pre Thanksgiving" lunch!Smiley Happy

thanksgiving-centerpieces-2175501-fallh18-m-web-1597271644.jpg