Honored Contributor

"Town-n- Country Living" blogger has a talent for finding attractive rooms, all over the world.

You might notice a similarity to these particular living rooms she found-- to me, they seem cozy, especially for this time of year.  While I do enjoy color, their mostly muted palettes appeal to me b/c of how artfully they've been put together.  Their fireplaces are definitely an asset:

1)  The mix of textures is always a winner to me-  irregular stone, wood beams, smooth airy glass (in the oversize jar), nubbly rug.  Sepia-toned botanical prints are another favorite.

neutral-living-room-fireplace.jpg

2)   I like the contrast of delicate metal tables with the chunky, comfortable seating.  Wood that has a burnished orange cast has been unfashionable in some quarters, but I care not a whit.  In this room, it just glows...

lounge-bittersweet.jpg

3)  This room below almost seems like it was maybe a porch or patio, that was later closed in?  The rustic ceiling and fireplace are giving me that feeling.  Wonderful indoor/outdoor ambiance...

neutral-living-room-fireplace-3.jpg

4)  That navy easy chair invites curling up.

modern-country-living-room-fireplace.jpg

Slightly more formal mood below, but still inviting.  There's such charm in windows that meet at the corner!  And then that vintage wood chimney wall is such a showstopper.   When I see wood like that, I have to touch it.  Such a pretty rug that pulls the browns and the subtle rosey accents of the room together...

5)

traditional-living-room.jpg

Extra:   While there, I stumbled on "Town-n-Country"'s  fun little piece on displaying books in a room.  Few things to me give a room as much warmth as well-loved books--

traditional-living-room-1.jpg

Sweet--

Summer-Mantel-2.jpg

Some people have the luxury of enough book-space in the house, that they can intersperse other treasures with them.  I like the presence of the Forties' portrait of a woman, and the pretty American art pottery with books.

farmhouse-living-room.jpg

More books,  white ironstone--    and plants!

beach-style-1.jpg

These vintage books below, stacked in an open suitcase, took my eye.  See the one called "Kilmeny of the Orchard"?  I used to have that!   Fans will recognize it as one of L. M. Montgomery's many books, published after her "Anne of Green Gables",  and it's very good.  Some other terrific non- "Anne" books that Montgomery wrote were "Pat of Silver Bush",  "The Story Girl",  "Emily of New Moon",  and "Magic for Marigold"--  all still enchanting...  

Vintage-Books-Desk-Vignette.jpg

Honored Contributor

Absolutely lovely and appealing, each room  The fireplaces stand out , the art work, furnishings and decor, all so inviting and filled with warmth.  I love the rooms with the wood, such unique looks.  

As a bool lover, the displays intertwined with the books are what I do.  I have many old books on shelves and tables with family photos, figurines I love and assorted decor among the books.  I have always admired that look.  

Great photos of style and decor!!!!

Respected Contributor

@Oznell just lovely!  I love a fireplace with a mantle.  I could settle into any one of these! LM

Valued Contributor

Those fireplaces! My favorite would be every single one of them.  The rug beneath the navy blue chair is beautiful. The use of wood and stone in these rooms makes for a 

comfortable and cozy feel--even if the styles run from formal to rustic or contemporary.

I would love lighting the logs and putting my feet up in any of these beautiful spaces.

Honored Contributor

I love all of these rooms and accessories except for #2. To me, it's too bright (maybe not the right description) compared to the other "easy on the eyes" rooms.

I could be "forced" to live here. 😊

Honored Contributor

I was really drawn to Picture #1!  I would be such a happy camper if I had that room!  I could see myself curled up on that couch with one of those wraps with a good book and a cup of tea!  Heaven!!!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

#1,3,4,and 5 are calling my name!

Honored Contributor

Can't put my finger on it,but there is a sameness about all of them.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Esteemed Contributor

They are all very nice, but my favorite room is #1.  I could easily curl up in that room - so cozy!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: A FEW LIVING ROOMS

[ Edited ]

1, 3, 4, 5 for me.  In #1, tho, I'd have to get rid of the huge glass vase and #3, I'd have to put on window coverings.