Honored Contributor

A FEW FALL VIGNETTES PUTTING ME IN THE MOOD

[ Edited ]

I love to see what other people do for fall, including posters on the Q boards.  Here are a few online images that caught my eye too.  Some have just a whisper of fall, others are more abundant.  I'm more on the "hint of fall" side myself, but do enjoy looking at even the very 'profuse' looks:

Fall-Vignettes-with-Pine-Cones.jpg

Pottery-Barn-Chevron-Tray.jpg

IMG_8334-e1538051770729.png

Fall-mantel.jpg

I like the way this person kept elements considered more "spring",  like her nest and that darling bunny, in with autumn stuff.  It's all nature, so to me it works beautifully:

IMG_8437.png

Velvet pumpkin fans, don't you like that here the pumpkins co-exist with flowers, bridging the two seasons?  Elegant.

Fall-Living-Room-Ideas-French-Country-Cottage.jpg

0b848c721b56fb64044f3c8c9dc60f98.jpg

Fall-Living-Room-Ideas-Maison-de-Pax.jpg

Blue walls, and vintage apple green desk.  Not traditionally "fall",  but I like the fresh boost they give to a fall grouping.

Fall-Vignette.png

Fall-Vignette-2.png

This blogger mentioned that she found this old needlework in a thrift shop.  She put it in a handsome frame, and while it doesn't scream fall, it adds to the ambiance with color, doesn't it?

Fall-Vignette-7-550x825.png

Fall-Living-Room-Ideas-Dear-Lillie.jpg

Silvery owls are such a classic.

table-centerpiece-ideas-for-home-sofa-decor-coffee-decorations-entryway-inspiration-vignettes-console-behind.jpg

right-side-view-of-fall-fireplace-mantel-display.jpg

Edited to add:    I meant to add, does anyone have any fall images they'd like to post?  Please feel free--   It's fun to see what other people like!

Honored Contributor

Re: A FEW FALL VIGNETTES PUTTING ME IN THE MOOD

[ Edited ]

Fall decor is so comforting and truly makes a house feel like a home. I love all of the pictures posted here. 

Honored Contributor

Fall decor is so pretty now......not like the plastic pumpkins of yesteryear!!

Respected Contributor

IMG_8437.png0b848c721b56fb64044f3c8c9dc60f98.jpg

Fall-Vignette-7-550x825.pngright-side-view-of-fall-fireplace-mantel-display.jpg

These are my favorites, but especially the fireplace shot.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

Ditto for me, @IamMrsG -- it was that cozy fireside that first drew me in!

Respected Contributor

I have a caution to share about decorating with real produce.  I once ruined the finish on a sidebar by naively setting a pumpkin directly onto the wood.  I didn't realize the underside was bruised, and the juices it seeped left a permanent stain.  Lesson learned:  Always protect your finished surfaces by placing something under the harvested pieces.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor

I like the formal living rooms with more muted colors. 

I use an I pad and haven’t learned how to send photos to forums (simple with e mail).

My living room has burgundy orientals, hence no orange.

I did burgundy mums with same color and green leaves with a touch of white on the coffee table. The sofa is white. Beside it in the corner I put Valerie’s 4’ birch tree and to the front a glass and brass 3’ vase with the same leaves and cattails. 

Wooden pumpkins with silver stems by Martha  Stewart in foyer, along with wooden boxes and baskets of Fall muted flowers. Black & brown pottery vase with etched leaves and dish on wooden chest. 

Some orange will be in the den later.

Honored Contributor

That sounds so pretty, @1Snickers -- love your color scheme...

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell  I love the green dresser!  All of these are so comforting. Who would of thought a pumpkin and leaves would be so soothing in the home?

Valued Contributor

My style is more profuse, but I love Fall so much.  Here's what I did for a dinner I hosted for family last year.  fall table 2.JPGfall table 3.JPG