Honored Contributor

A FEW 2022 INTERIOR DESIGN AWARDS FROM LUXE MAGAZINE

Online design magazine "Luxe" has rounded up their annual awards in various categories, called the RED awards (have no idea why they call them that-- an acronym, maybe?)

Their prizes fall into categories like "Projects"  (interior design, exterior design, landscapes)   And then, "Products"  ( faucets and hardware, textiles, art, etc.)

2022 National Award for Landscape Design, Craig Bergmann,  Chicago

This one of outdoor spaces, is my favorite.  It's a 1923 house in Wilmette, Illinois.  Imagine being inside, and looking out toward the sunken garden, that weeping willow, and the little green-covered arched bridge...  So poetic.  There's also to me, something a little poignant about Northern gardens-- they are at their verdant height for such a short growing period!

LX_COM44_RED_OutdoorSpaces_CH_CraigBergmann.jpg

2022 Award for Products--  in this case, a louvered cabana, with automated roof.  The louvers change automatically, according to the weather.  They may consider it a "product",  but I love the wispy, 'popsicle stick' look of it, amid the exotic palms!

LX_COM44_RED_Products_OutdoorCabana_Solanox-Cabana-with-Automated-Louvered-Roof-04.jpg

2022 Award Winner for Interior Design, Southeast--  Sean Anderson.   Gorgeous combo of rustic modern and vintage feelings...

LX_COM44_RED_InteriorDesign_SE_SeanAnderson.jpg

2022 Award Winner for "Jewel Box" spaces (pantries, closets, etc.)   This is a boat house.

LX_COM44_RED_JewelBox_PNW_LeeAnnBaker.jpg

Another winner in the "Jewel Box" category, by --  this stunning powder room.   Love the combo of stone with burnished brass vanity.  Actually, love everything about it--

LX_COM44_RED_JewelBox_HOU_CreativeTonic.jpg

This one, for "Exterior Architecture", features classic Japanese design with a compact private courtyard and still pool...

LX_COM44_RED_ExteriorArch_AUS_JosephDesign.jpg

Another 2022 "Products" winner-  Bespoke fabric in "Martinique" design, printed hand-painted imagery.  So vibrant--

LX_COM44_RED_Products_BespokeFabric_CW-Stockwell-x-Voutsa-Martinique-Celebration-05.jpg

Outdoor Spaces, Regional Winner, Bedford, New York.  Negative edge pool, with bluestone slab terrace, falling away to spectacular valley.   Love the boulders in the pool.  Not so sure about the highly polished slide, but, if you think of it as a contemporary sculpture, it is striking:

LX_COM44_RED_OutdoorSpaces_GNY_GlengateCojpg.jpg

Fun to see what people in the industry are liking out there, whether I agree with them or not.  This is only a tiny fraction of the different items they were noticing and honoring for 2022.

Honored Contributor

Re: A FEW 2022 INTERIOR DESIGN AWARDS FROM LUXE MAGAZINE

How very stunning!  What I would give to have the beautiful outdoor space with the covered bridge!

I loved the powder room as well.  All were beautiful.

Many thanks for the wonderful eye candy!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Lovely photos of design and creative ways to enhance interiors and exteriors.  While a few are not my taste, it is still interesting to see different designs.  By the way I love Weeping Willow trees, always have and having that view alone would lure me in.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@ECBGand @spiderw --  the little bridge and the weeping willow captivated me too-- it's almost like walking into a "Blue Willow" plate, ha.  @spiderw ,  have always loved weeping willows also, but hear they are very messy to maintain.  But sacrifices must be made for beauty!