Honored Contributor

A Derelict 17th-Century British Factory Is Transformed Into an Avant-Garde Home

exterior of a home with a yard

exterior of home and yard

exterior of a home

inside of a home looking out to yard

inside of a kitchen

inside of a kitchen

Would love to see it decorated.  I will have to see if there are more pictures in my AD hard copy when it arrives.

Right up my alley!! (But not everyone's cup of tea for sure.)

Esteemed Contributor

Re: A Derelict 17th-Century British Factory Is Transformed Into an Avant-Garde Home

@faeriemoon How cool is this!  I hope you will get some furnished pictures.  So many things that could be done, wish I had the chance to see it in person.  Thanks for an interesting post.

Respected Contributor

Re: A Derelict 17th-Century British Factory Is Transformed Into an Avant-Garde Home

Love it!

Honored Contributor

I appreciate the work and creativity involved, but I don’t care for this. It still looks unfinished to me. The old brick work with the new modern design elements seem to clash to my eye.

Honored Contributor

Sweet. I like it. Hope there's more light in that dark kitchen.

Honored Contributor

Interesting, I would like to see more of the inside.  It looks like it would be fun to furnish and decorate .

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

Sweet. I like it. Hope there's more light in that dark kitchen.

I share your thoughts on the kitchen.

Honored Contributor

Very interesting...would love to see it in person.  I agree that the kitchen is too dark.

It reminds me of a B&B not far from me in New Hope, PA.  I think it's called "The Ruins" and was an old mill.  They kept part of it looking like ruins and built up around it.

Honored Contributor

A real find, @faeriemoon -- and has so much potential!  I love mellow old stone, glass and wood...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hope they don't over do it with hard modern.  Crossing fingersSmiley Happy

I would do it rather like a castle.