Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@beach-mom   Once you understand a cat's behavior there is no turning back as you love all cats forever.  I own a Blue Mink Tonkinese with aqua eyes.  She is the sweetest cat and has the softest fur (it's very sleek and short).

@Katcat1 - We have a blue point male too!  He came to us because even though he is purebred, he is a runt and his personality was questionable. So he became part of our family!  He's such a sweetheart! 

He's our second Tonk. Our first one was very close to the original breeding mix. Although his parents were Tonkinese, his grandmother was Burmese and his grandfather was Siamese. DD did a favor for the family who owned his mom. He was such a laid back kitty. He lived to be 20, and we all still miss him! Such great memories!  

DH and I have always had a soft spot for orientals, ever since we got a Siamese as a wedding present. (He was the runt too!)  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

that's so adorable @Katcat1  I have one cat who just insists that chewing on the faux tree is something she cannot resist. I'm going to try cheesecloth balls with citrus peels this year and see if that will deter her from doing it. I am afraid she will get hurt by chewing on it. 

One year I had the tree up, decorated, everything ready to go and they ignored it until the day before New Year's! I was lucky, that was the longest time it stayed up. I wound up picking the entire tree up and putting it on the porch once she became obsessed with it. 

Esteemed Contributor

Oh @GingerPeach boy I'm glad you were there to save the kitty. I simply cannot understand how someone could be so cruel to an innocent animal. 

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

Those sheets are SOOOOOOOO CUTE! 😺😻

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”