Honored Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: A CHEERFUL GIVER TODAY AT ZULILY

@mousiegirl wrote:

https://www.zulily.com/e/a-cheerful-giver-380741.html

Have you used these candles @mousiegirl?  They have a scent I'd like to get but the ones I tried in the past had zero scent.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@itsmetoo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

httpss:/wwwwzulilyy.com/e/a-cheerful-giver-380741htmll

Have you used these candles @mousiegirl?  They have a scent I'd like to get but the ones I tried in the past had zero scent.

@itsmetoo   Yes, I have many scents, and they are strong for me.   I really like the Orange Cinnamonn Clove for Fall, instead of pumpkin which is usually sold out by the time I am interested.  I also use the Bayberry, the closest I have ever found to what my Mother burned at Christmas, still have some of that scent as I stocked up decades ago when they were sold at a candle shop here, but havn't seen them anywhere through the years so tried many brands of Bayberry, not the same, until I found The Cheerful Giver.

Swan Creek Candle Co.on line has some wonderful scents and strong,my favorite of all scents is Dutch Apple Pie, I highly recommend this scent,  lemon, gingerbread, etc.  I don't like very sweet or cloying scents, and candle scents, like art, are so personal.  Swan Creek sells sample jars for $8 each, I believe, worth looking at their site.

Trusted Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@itsmetoo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@itsmetoo   Yes, I have many scents, and they are strong for me.   I really like the Orange Cinnamonn Clove for Fall, instead of pumpkin which is usually sold out by the time I am interested.  I also use the Bayberry, the closest I have ever found to what my Mother burned at Christmas, still have some of that scent as I stocked up decades ago when they were sold at a candle shop here, but havn't seen them anywhere through the years so tried many brands of Bayberry, not the same, until I found The Cheerful Giver.

Swan Creek Candle Co.on line has some wonderful scents and strong,my favorite of all scents is Dutch Apple Pie, I highly recommend this scent,  lemon, gingerbread, etc.  I don't like very sweet or cloying scents, and candle scents, like art, are so personal.  Swan Creek sells sample jars for $8 each, I believe, worth looking at their site.

@mousiegirl

Maybe I just got a couple of duds and should try again.  I don't like strong scents but these had no scent at all.  I like orange cranberry for Christmas and see that they have one. Do you recommend the glass jars (similar to Yankee) or the ceramic buckets or does it matter as far as the scent goes?

I agree with you about Swan Creek.  I used to buy a lemon one of theirs until they discontinued it and just recently I bought their expresso scent and it's great too.  I don't like cloying scents either which is why I stay away from Bath and Body Works candles.  We have a local store here that sells Swan Creek so I just pick them up at the store.  They have a vanilla pumpkin one I want to try next.

Honored Contributor

@itsmetoo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@itsmetoo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl

Maybe I just got a couple of duds and should try again.  I don't like strong scents but these had no scent at all.  I like orange cranberry for Christmas and see that they have one. Do you recommend the glass jars (similar to Yankee) or the ceramic buckets or does it matter as far as the scent goes?

I agree with you about Swan Creek.  I used to buy a lemon one of theirs until they discontinued it and just recently I bought their expresso scent and it's great too.  I don't like cloying scents either which is why I stay away from Bath and Body Works candles.  We have a local store here that sells Swan Creek so I just pick them up at the store.  They have a vanilla pumpkin one I want to try next.

@itsmetoo   I have mostly jars, and a few cans, doesn't matter as far as I can tell.  I love the lemon scent of Swan Creek, did not know it was discontinued.  I have such a stash of both brands now that I am not buying more until I use this.

Trusted Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@itsmetoo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@itsmetoo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl

@itsmetoo   I have mostly jars, and a few cans, doesn't matter as far as I can tell.  I love the lemon scent of Swan Creek, did not know it was discontinued.  I have such a stash of both brands now that I am not buying more until I use this.

@mousiegirl 

I think Swan Creek does still have a lemon, just not the one I used to buy, unless they changed the name.