Honored Contributor

Re: A Bibliophile's Cottage

[ Edited ]

An adorable cottage. The books are fine, otherwise, I'd love to completely redo the inside decor, what there is of it...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Nice outside. I am not a bibliophile,so the inside doesn't work for me.

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono  I love reading and have many, many books.  Love all the shelving and the bookcase door.  Loft space is nice, too.  I could plunk myself down easily and lose myself in a good tome.

Exterior is lovely.  If the owner wanted to sell I can just picture the realtor insisting that the interior be severely decluttered before putting on the market.

To me it looks like it might be a small separate building as part of a larger property--sort of an annex.

Honored Contributor

When can I move in???  I love it and would relax immediately in that environment.

Did anyone notice the cat in the final photo?  Sitting in the round window, looking outside?  My cats would love this also.

Honored Contributor

YES!!!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

The outside of the building and the grounds are gorgeous.  I am not a big book person but how nice this is for someone who is. I would love this for crafting and sewing and taking a long nap on a rainy afternoon. 

Respected Contributor

Is there also a larger main building on the property?

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily wrote:

Is there also a larger main building on the property?

@Desert Lily 

It's a converted barn in the UK.

If your device has the option, you can right click on any photo and use the pop-up menu to "search Google for image" to learn more about any photo.

https://www.houseandgarden DOT co.uk/article/emma-burns-barn-conversion-guest-annex-library

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

SOLD !

Looks as a few of us might be able to go time share.  

I call Aug, Sept, & Oct! 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

Very cute!