Respected Contributor

Re: 90 YEAR OLD INTERIOR DESIGNER AT HOME

It was beautiful to look at.

If I lived there, I would eat, sleep and live in front of that fireplace. Except when I would be out in that gorgeous, tranquil garden!

Love the green velvet chairs.

Honored Contributor

Just wow. Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

I know exactly where this house is and yes, it does face a busy street....who would guess what lies within? I find the details exquisite and the origin of the blue and white pieces amazing. I love all of it...even though I would probably move a few chairs around to make it seem less crowded. Thanks for sharing this and for the link to the video.He is a very talented man and even with his advancing age, his eye for design and detail is still evident.

Honored Contributor

THis is the type of home I have always dreamed of living in.  It is stunning, elegant and the antiques, beyond words, just spectacular.  I love all the wood, the lovely furniture, magnificent fireplace.  The story about the Canton ware  is amazing and how beautiful  it is, priceless!  Yes, this home would make me very happy indeed!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

To be sure, there are things for which I don't care, but this is a magnificent residence with many magnificent elements. Just wonderful. Personally, I've long since decided that even were it in the cards, which it clearly isn't, such a residence wouldn't be for me, but that doesn't negate the splendor of places like this. And, along with everything else, what a handsome young man he was!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

I so enjoyed the Joe Minton video.  What a pleasure and a treasure Joe Minton is.  And what a great house filled with so many treasures and wonderful architectural details.  He told such interesting, entertaining stories about his home, his life, and his thoughts.  Thank you for posting this @Oznell , you hit this one out of the park!